THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

MISSING THE SIGNS OF THE LORD'S COMING - OBTAINING A WITNESS FOR YOURSELF

I was chatting on FB and laid down how the process of revelation works for me.  I have been through it so many times, it has become organic for me.

  • I keep as wide an interpretation on things as I possibly can.... I remember the Jews of 30AD completely missing it. There is a reason Christ will come suddenly in an hour that no one expects. It will be because we will likely be looking left while He is on the right. We will be "jewked", so to speak.... No pun intended there. In fact, I find quite a bit of humor in discussions of this type, remembering how the people in Christ's day used to parse the scriptures and talk of this and of that, while He was standing right in their midst. When he comes to Utah, he will be among the Saints so naturally, that most will miss Him then. Should our search then, no be so much of an intellectual exercise as it is a quiet, inner one? One where we simply look around us at all things in commotion and then ask ourselves in our minds where He is at? I think we will find He is at the very doors. World events scream of it. It is at that point that I close the scriptures (already having them burned in my heart), and then look inward for that witness. I think most here know the answer - but find themselves as the proverbial cat chasing its tail, because they are not ready either temporally or spiritually to leave their summer home in Babylon and flee to the mountain tops.
     
     I have thrown out most testimony of almost all intellectuals precisely because they teach after the false traditions of their "fathers". I have found Cleon to be the exception. Isaiah speaks plainly, but he is difficult to understand without assistance from those who have the cultural bent. I am in the process of reading Avraham Gildeadi at the suggestion of a good friend in order to understand better. But, having said that, I will hold Avraham's opinion or interpretation at an arm's length and keep the whisperings of the Spirit in my bosom. It is no small thing to interpret things correctly. It takes a humble/broken heart not cluttered with sin, a large measure of discernment and a constant feeling after the Spirit in order to navigate the minefield - and it is an apt analogy, that minefield.....
     
     To continue on, I found the same thing worked when I was getting into marriage mode. Dating up a storm in the happy hunting ground of potential mates and really spinning my wheels. When I took a moment to slow down and take a good look at all the facts that swirled around me, one thing settled out of the field of data. The answer distilled on my mind. It did the same thing for my wife. It took a moment in the silence to see the bride groom clearly. From there, it was just an exercise of clicking the milestones until the wedding feast. I believe I am in the same set of circumstances - different wedding scenario here, though. Focus and shed distractions for some time. You will feel it and then know it. The hows and whens will be ancillary to that.
  •  
     I also think it is good to hash this all out like you are doing. There has to be a sea of facts swirling around in the mind in order for the answer to distill out of the chaos. This is how the Spirit operates.... He wants us to want the answer, gather the possibilities, have us distill them down, find our answer, then go to the Lord with our decision and then the HG will ratify that decision..... We must start with a pool of possibilities in order for the process to work.

    The ratification of that answer is that yes/no thing I talked about. Sometimes, it takes a series of mis-steps of taking it to the Lord and getting a stupor before you present the correct choice and get the "Yes, indeed". That is the process the Lord wants us to use in obtaining personal revelation. I have found that out for myself organically over decades. I am a slow learner, but am pleased when I finally learn a bedrock principle that I can use to build something grand with.

No comments:

Post a Comment