THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A LITTLE FAMILIAL GIVE AND TAKE (OF SOME SERIOUS HEAT)

While this blog is not the National Enquirer - nor the Maury Povich show, I have to share this for all the poor spouses and siblings and sons/daughters who have to deal with arrogant people in their lives who refuse to see things as they really are.  As the scriptures point out, arrogance is simply put, deadly.  On top of that, it simply is not Godly.  If it exists in any form in our lives, if we expect to survive into the next phase of this earthly existence, it will be extinguished from our beings - or we will be extinguished.  Zilch, zip, nada - that is how much we will see after the purging is over.  We have two options in the matter.  Choose now - and choose wisely.


In case you were ever wondering whether or not my family supports me, this ought to give a flavor for what I have to endure.  Nearly complete faithlessness and complete indications of heads in the sand.  Just thought I would share from my sister who is the "black sheep" of the family and has refused to follow good counsel from the Prophets (unless it suits her needs to insult her little brother)....  As I say, fools mock - but they shall mourn.  I had to fire off the flame thrower there at the end pointing out who has integrity out of the bunch.  I consider myself a just man - in other words, I will not tell a lie and I will always come up short, in favor of the other person.  When you are a just man (still working on the holy portion of that equation, but feel myself getting closer every day), then you let the Lord fight your battles - and the outcomes are ALWAYS breathtaking.  Life becomes quite simple.  You treat others with fairness, honesty, trust and integrity and let the details and chips fall where they may.  You never lose where it counts.....  That, I am ROCK solid on.  Fools mock, but they shall mourn:

(e-mail from my sis follows);
This article was in the Salt Lake Tribune yesterday 9/11/2015 so any one can look it up for verification!!!!  There also was a story on the news last night as well.  I'm guessing but it looks like this Julie Rowe might be the next one the church looks at as an inappropriate alarmist freak.

"Iraq".... looks like you can move back from Canada now  Boyd K Packer says "THE END" is not near, and that your children will see their children and grand children and maybe even great grand children.

I just thought maybe this article would put everyone's mind at ease, if you were ever worried about it. 

Love ya,

Pat



LOL

Sorry, Pat.  Not a chance you have to consider the source on that one (SL Trib…..) – we just blew a few more grand on food storage last week.  Still going strong.

Now that we have everyone’s attention it would probably be a good time to point out what Cleon Skousen had to say on the matter.

Some time ago, around 1998, he put on a conference knowing that he was about to go to the grave.  In it, he said that soon, a dictator would arise in the USA.  That dictator would then, in turn be swatted down (the US would suffer either a natural or man-made disaster), which would then result in a dictator from Russia (coming out of the Crimean region – or the traditional area of the people of Magog), would then take the fight south into Syria and then into Israel.  Maybe I am a little too dense to get it – but it would seem that Skousen nailed down EXACTLY where we are today.

So, yeah.  While we are busy trading insults and barbs, I think we all need to consider the fact that things are HOT AS HELL over there right now in Syria and that the prophecy about Damascus becoming a ruinous heap, followed by Ephraim (the USA and England) losing their fortress (being attacked), is about to come to pass.  Instead of being arrogant, I would be filling the larder with food and a cistern with clean water as we have been commanded to do (read the First President’s message from Sept 2014) where President Monson advises all members to top off their food storage.

This, I DO believe.  My children will indeed marry, have their educational aspirations met and there will be an amazing amount of missionary work that will be accomplished.  It simply WILL be done in a more perfect environment – one where there is no sin, death or disappointment.  This will be a millennial world where those who refuse to accept truth will no longer be a part of the equation.  This is coming sooner than most think – precisely as it was in the Days of Noah, in Lehi’s day and so many other scenarios.

I love you all with a brotherly love – but I also give this counsel with the sternest of tones because I am quite serious.  I am as serious as the day I was when I got swatted down at that family shin-dig in Couer d’Alene where I was told I was a filthy liar when I was clearing the air on some issues – and then my side was corroborated by K____ – and yet still endure the sound of crickets to this day.  Yep, I am that serious.  And K____, thanks for being a man.  I respect people of integrity.  All else, well…..

My best,

"Iraq".



3 comments:

  1. Love this! I get so weary of people using what Boyd K. Packer said as proof that the world isn't going to end. No duh it's not going to end. It is just going to transition into a millennial state where life will go on in a peaceful environment. I think that those who fight against the tribulations and Christ's return are just too comfortable and in love with Babylon. No offense to your sister Iraq, but she is on day one. We are suppose to be hoping and praying for our deliverance and Christ's return on a daily basis. With all of the sin and suffering in this evil world, I am baffled that people don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The whole idea of the "world ending" is really dumb. Yes, at the end of the Millenium, the world will be burned. But there's a lot going to happen between now and then! Prophesy and warnings have been given to us to help us to NOT freak out and have our hearts fail us. And remember, the scripture that says people will say that "The Lord delayeth his coming". Whether it seems he is delaying, or whether He really is (as he did with Sodom and Gomorrah for a bit), it is telling when people are SAYING that he is! That is fulfillment of prophesy too....

      Delete
  2. I saw that article. As it turns out, the Church is not AGAINST Julie Rowe! They only counseled "official" seminary teachers and professors to TEACH from the curriculum provided, NOT inject subject matter from books put out by people like Julie Rowe. Makes PERFECT SENSE! The author of that article needs a good V-8 Juice pop to the head.

    I may not agree with her energy healing gig but she's never gone against church doctrine, claimed to be a prophet, nor tried to get anyone to apostatize, nor said anything contrary to scriptures.

    At least you have your wife to lean on and you're a team. And good for you living life on your own terms IRAQ! You'll be rewarded. Try being the only one in a marriage to believe, watch, and pray. I have been shut down and basically forbidden to speak of prophecy, signs of the times, current events. I'm a religious kook. "I don't want to hear about that stuff anymore! It's crazy!" My life is to complicated to simply "walk away" from the persecution. So I pray even harder that my spouse will see the Light and that extended family will do the same.

    ReplyDelete