THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, October 29, 2015

KNOWING WHEN IT IS TIME TO FLEE

I received this from a regular submitter who is an elect lady.  The elect hear God's commands - and then follow them:

2 Nephi 5:5-6

And it came to pass that the Lord did warn me, that I, Nephi, should depart from them and flee into the wilderness, and all those who would go with me.

Wherefore, it came to pass that I, Nephi, did take my family, and also Zoram and his family, and Sam, mine elder brother and his family, and Jacob and Joseph, my younger brethren, and also my sisters, and all those who would go with me. And all those who would go with me were those who believed in the warnings and the revelations of God; wherefore, they did hearken unto my words.

Elder Robert D. Hales – October 2015 General Confernce:

“One of the purposes of the scriptures is to show us how righteous people respond to temptation and evil. In short, they avoid it! Joseph ran from Potiphar’s wife.3 Lehi took his family and left Jerusalem.4 Mary and Joseph fled into Egypt to escape Herod’s wicked plot.5 In every instance, Heavenly Father warned these believers. Similarly, He will help us know whether to fight, flee, or go with the flow of our unfolding circumstances. He will speak to us through prayer, and when we pray, we will have the Holy Ghost, who will guide us. We have the scriptures, the teachings of living prophets, patriarchal blessings, the counsel of inspired parents, priesthood and auxiliary leaders, and, above all, the still, small voice of the Spirit.”

4 comments:

  1. This is true doctrine, because individually we receive from the Lord that which we should do. Waiting on the Brethren to tell us when and where to flee is false. (2 Nephi 4:34)
    It has always been the pattern for small groups and families to be given direction from our Lord as scriptures has shown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously.......can it get any better than this?

    To know that we are under the intent watch care of the King of the Universe 24/7. I have been the recipient of help from the other side of the veil and trust me...it does come in a nano second when the situation warrants it. And again, trust me.......those who come aren't whose bad side you'd want to be on...EVER. The God of Heaven, nor those who serve Him, in this capacity never mince words with Evil.

    I still cannot comprehend the OBVIOUS protection received and the DISPLAY of power shown by the Almighty God that the Israelites witnessed, and still they fell away into idolatry.

    Just goes to show us that it really does matter day to day to Whom our hearts belong so that a loving Heavenly parent is able to tell His children how to avoid evil and danger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I still cannot comprehend the OBVIOUS protection received and the DISPLAY of power shown by the Almighty God that the Israelites witnessed, and still they fell away into idolatry."

      Wow, this comment just cut me to the core. I absolutely know I've had invisible, yet very tangible help from the other side of the veil as well, in the form of protection. However, despite that protection I still act like an idiot sometimes and am not as faithful as I should be. Ouch, your comment is true and it hurts.

      Delete
    2. I THANK GOD the comment hurts! Hallelujah and God bless you always!

      It means your spirit is sensitive to evil and that you're okay! Even Joseph Smith fell away into folly and felt ashamed. Nephi lamented when his heart wanted to rejoice in God but his sins that so easily beset him made him feel ashamed and unworthy.

      Like them, friend, we can repent, dust ourselves off, and keep our faces turned toward the Son of God. Reading the Book of Mormon and the Jewish Bible (the Tanakh)-the Bible as it was given to Moses directly from God, and prayer are a shield that will make Babylon become more and more distasteful to us.

      Keep going and don't give up, because our Father will NEVER give up on you as long as your heart yearns for Him. When we REALLY LOVE Him, we don't want to do anything to disappoint Him!

      Glad to meet you and may this be the best year of your life to prepare to meet God.

      Delete