THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

WILLARD RICHARDS HOME IN NAUVOO - MODERN PERSECUTION IN THAT CITY

One of the things I love to do, is visit places like the Red Brick Store, the Newel K Whitney store and other places where significant events occurred and contemplate on the amazing things that transpired there.

One of them that I completely blew past in our visit to Nauvoo was the Willard Richards home in Nauvoo which is now a B&B.  This would make a lovely visit (non-peak times, so it is more affordable).  Apparently, it is original and there was quite a bit of work done in the upper room which now sports a king bed and its own bathroom:

http://historicwillardrichardsinn.com/

I have to check this out further, but the cellar was made from stone taken from the sacked Nauvoo Temple after the Saints left the area?  I always wondered what happened to most of the buildings, but people simply scrapped them out for building materials to make other structures, etc. 

While attending Sacrament Meeting in Nauvoo, several brothers mentioned the persecution they are receiving in the area.  At some point after the Saints were forced out, the Catholics came in a built up the area with a nunnery just forward of where the Nauvoo Temple used to stand.  I was ushered through it as part of the open house for the Nauvoo Temple back in 2002, and was kind of miffed that the bluff in front of the temple had this building on it (not unlike the Dome of the Rock on Temple Mount in Jerusalem, or the RLDS buildings taking up most of the Temple Lot in the NJ).   Well, I looked around for it and came to the conclusion that it had been razed and grass was planted there.  No sign of it.

I can only guess that this might have incited the ire of the locals there in Nauvoo, now that the Mormons are back in full force.  This same brother who talked of persecution also talked of Elder Holland who had come to his Inn a few weeks prior and gave him words of comfort.  Elder Holland related that he and the rest of the Twelve have been asked of the FP to visit the NJ and the Holy Land and become familiar with them.  Elder Holland took that to heart and filled a tour bus with family and went from Sharon, VT to points westward hitting all the pageants (like we did, just earlier).  I have much more to say, but cannot on the blog.  Sufficeth to say, I think we are clearly closer than many realize.  Now is the time to obtain a repentant spirit about us and to prepare our families spiritually first and temporally second - just as the Prophets have warned us to do.  With this knowledge, who can delay??  I cannot.  While driving alone the other night, I again poured out my heart to my Father asking for forgiveness for my sins so that I can be ready for the Bridegroom.  Time is short.  Lord, come quickly and save this dying world.

No comments:

Post a Comment