THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, August 8, 2015

A MODERN JUBILEE CYCLE - AN INTERESTING POINT OF VIEW

I just got a comment in on the Star of Melchizedek (previous piece), which I do NOT agree with unless some meaty quotes by the Brethren can be shown.  Too much to the contrary to dismiss the article that was written, including the research about the early references and artwork pointing out the connection.  Like I always say, the proof is in the pudding.....  Produce some relevant quotes and I will consider something to the contrary.

I do have an open mind.  I read most things that seem to have merit and then usually hold judgment for years or decades.  If it is important for me to know, the Lord usually comes through for me with continuing revelation or info by the end of a fortnight - and thus my standard response to someone asking me for direction, of; "Give me a couple of weeks and I will get back with you on that".  Other times, it can be years for information to fall into place.  It is on the Lord's timeline, so I do not worry about it.

While I do not agree with the 49 year cycle (I am sticking with Rabbi Ben Samuel and his 50 year cycle based on 1217, 1517, 1917, 1967, and finally 2017), I do like to look at patterns which may point to things.  God uses cycles (lunar, festival dates) to do His works on.

Here is that article:  https://thewonderwomen.squarespace.com/blog/2015/8/7/1831-1880-1929-1978-2027-the-common-denominator

4 comments:

  1. One of our readers brought to our attention the fact that NASA predicts an eclipse over the Middel East on August 2, 2027 - which is interesting if you take into account Amos chapter 8: vs. 2 talks about summer fruits, vs. 5 talks about sabbaths (not days but years) and vs. 9 describes a total eclipse of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an "aha" moment when I was reading Visions of Glory and would like to share it. It also has to do with Cleon Skousen's 25 year time line. He talks about the 7th seal opening in the year 2000 and having 20 to 21 years until Christ's return. He talks about a first dictator in Revelations Chapter 13. I would like to compare it with Daniel Chapter 7.
    Bro. Skousen talks about NATO and uses
    Rev. 1:1 beast rises up out of the sea.
    Dan. 7:3 beast came up from the sea.
    Rev. 13:2 leopard, bear and lion.
    Dan. 7 vs 4 lion, vs. 5 bear and vs 6 leopard.
    Bro. Skousen said NATO will grow in power and become a dictatorship for 3 and1/2 years.
    Rev. 13:5 power 42 months.
    Dan. 7:25 time and times and a dividing of time.
    Rev. 13:7 make war with the saints.
    Dan. 7:21 made war with the saints.
    Dan. 7:22 continues with: until the Ancient of days come...and the time came when the Saints possess the kingdom.
    Now for my aha moment.
    In Visions of Glory, Spencer talks about General Conference being held that October after the big earthquake. He states that Joseph Smith was speaking and mentioned a special event a few weeks earlier when Adam returned and described the meeting. September?

    So we have the end of the first dictator that year and the building up of Zion. So what year. Obama was talking to Medvedev in 2012 stating that after the election he would have "more flexibility." So after the inauguration of 2013, we have our dictator-in-chief.
    3 and a half years back from September 2016 takes us to March 2013. Anything interesting around that time?
    Feb. Pope resigns.
    Lightning strikes the Vatican.
    Meteor hits Russia.
    March New Pope Francis.
    Bro. Skousen said first dictator wiped out by the cleansing. We start the second dictator with Jerusalem, 2 prophets Armageddon etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IRAQ, here is a very interesting webpage: http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=raptures Particularly about half way down under the Feast of Trumpets heading. It gives an idea of when the final 7 years of tribulation will begin based on calculations from the book of Daniel. There is one typo where he adds up the years 434+49+1=490 years. It should be 434+49+7=490 years. I don't agree with some of his later assupmtions that are based on the fact that he is from a different religion, but this on really rang true. I had an experience last winter in which the spirit told me of 7 years of tribulation and roughly when they would start, before I even knew that 7 years of tribulation was prophesied in scripture or had ever heard of it. This lines up with exactly what I was told. Another date I was given at that time, I just recently found out lines up with one Julie Rowe was given as well for an event here in the Salt Lake City area this September...very exciting times we live in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing to consider when contemplating Jubilees is whether or not it is relevant to the entire House of Israel and not just the tribe of Judah. And I am not too sure I would expect a modern-day rabbi to be a reliable authority on something that hasn't been practiced or experienced in a couple millennia, and not even very faithfully before then - if you'll recall one of the reasons for the Babylonian captivity of Daniel's people.

    ReplyDelete