THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

THE PASSOVER - A PRECURSOR TO HIS COMING JOHN P PRATT

When this first came out, I would have probably glossed over this article.  Now, I am eating it up.  Brother Pratt is a really cool chap.

Enjoy!

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1994/01/passover-was-it-symbolic-of-his-coming?lang=eng

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a article - thanks for posting this. I learned a lot. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, there's a lot of INTERESTING stuff here to read. Can't wait to dig in IRAQ. THANKS! Here's a few tidbits I found. I didn't hear/see anything from the media on either.

    http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/46770/hand-of-god-meteor-strikes-iran-divine-judgement-middle-east/#wtB30lrBQEOmJp3i.97

    http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/46153/recent-dead-sea-earthquake-ushering-in-end-days-prophecy-jewish-world/#1glDtJ4u1GqZK4lS.97

    Site I just found that has lots of interesting news items we purposely aren't told about. Go figure......God bless all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gone back and forth over whether or not the Hebrew year should be reckoned starting in spring or fall - John Pratt favors the fall. I guess it boils down to a couple of things for me: 1) Exodus 12:1-2 where the Passover was instituted says "This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you." 2) That the coming of Christ was the fulfillment of certain modes of living and reckoning and the beginning of new ones.
    I also associate the crossing of the Red Sea by the Israelites with their baptism as a nation rather than their birth (differing from what was presented in this article) - it makes more sense to me that their birth would have begun at the Passover" (the "passing over" from one state to the next)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love John Pratt's stuff... there are a ton more articles that he has written on his site: http://www.johnpratt.com/ All very interesting, and worth a read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, it also occurs to me that the month John Pratt favors as the beginning of the Jubilee year is the 7th month in Hebrew reckoning. And just as the holy day of worship became Sunday (the 1st day of the week) at the meridian of time in honor of Christ's resurrection, the beginning of the Hebrew year also might have changed - the holy month shifting from the 7th to the 1st (Nisan) putting the beginning of the year in Mar-April.

    ReplyDelete