THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, August 30, 2015

PLURAL MARRIAGE AND THE ABRAHAMIC TEST

I am always interested in peoples' responses to a difficult subject.  When a commenter suggested that I like to stir the poop, he is partially right.  When the subject of polygamy comes up, I am not so worried about whether a male or female expresses inability to live it or even conceive of it, I am more concerned about the attitude about it.  I understand ALL of the arguments against it and even for it (the best ammo used by females against it usually is:  What would you do in a flip scenario, where there were many guys and one woman.....  My answer is always the same:  If it is the will of the Lord, it needs to be done (not my will, but thine).  I believe that those who say, "I will NEVER participate in that practice!!", will be given experiences that will shape and mold them into another attitude - or they simply will NOT be a part of that scenario.  The same thing applies to food and all of the "lesser" necessities of life.  When things are ordered in importance, I think the initial revolt against something would be:  polygamy, water, food, hygiene.  It has been my experience that people would most likely give up food or water to help another, but not their spouses.  Interesting human response, methinks.....  Time is running out in order to qualify ourselves as we submit our wills. 

I do not judge anyone.  In the beginning, I used to talk with bravado how I would shoot to kill anyone who molested my food storage.  I since have moderated my tone to only doing that if their intent was to use it selfishly or to support a cause I did not agree with (foreign troops).  Now, the transformation has been that I would most likely starve if it meant that other well-meaning people would starve in front of me, while I had no lack.  This is the best argument for the callout/sifting that I can find.  Those who have been disobedient and rebellious will starve and die from the plagues and lack of food, while those who are honest in heart and who WILL follow the Lord's anointed in having the food storage in place, and then in following the counsel of the Brethren in leaving their homes and things that they have worshiped (cars, clothes, sports, shopping, electronics, their own ease and luxury and beauty [running water/showers]) in order to disappear into an unknown scenario.  Many of the best people I know, in spite of it not raining, have "prepared their arks".  Most of the rest, have disregarded that counsel and will find themselves in a situation here shortly, where their "day of grace" is past and the hour that they were given to perform their labors has slipped into the realm of "what might have beens".

This was the essence of an Abrahamic test, when things have been required in the past.  Will we simply do what the Lord wants?  When we have fully surrendered ourselves to the Lord, then we simply do His will - and none else.  Our selfishness begins to melt away and we have acquired the perfect alignment of our wills to that of a Celestial world where we can be entrusted with ALL things and ALL power.  When we have passed the tests put before simply will do nothing of our own accord, but that it aligns with Father's desires for us.  When Spencer spoke of the transformation (physical and spiritual) that they went to as they journeyed to Cardston, he was describing the process that the people went through as they surrendered their will to the will of Father and began to submit their love and shed their wills to God's ways over their own.  This is the essence of Consecration and the key to how we will make it into the Millennial scenario seamlessly.

My personal "journey to Cardston" began quite some time ago before we really knew about Cardston.  Actually, I had read the Sols Cuardisto prophecy about two years prior and I had told my wife that, if we settled in Kalispell, we would have to join the Saints in Cardston on foot one day.  In other words, that we would not have to make the journey with the rest of the Saints in that perfecting role of leaving it all and exercising our faith on a journey into the unknown.  In doing so, it would seem that the "learning" of the journey would have been short-circuited.  Indeed, it was not.  God has given me an Abrahamic test in spades with the health problems my wife has experienced after the loss of our son.  These tests have pushed me to my limits of understanding and compassion and patience.   This series of tests have molded me into a person who is more willing to submit to God's will and be ready for what is coming.

What I am saying, is that we can choose to accept God's will and our burden will be lighter and the yoke more easy to bear.  Or, we can fight against God and His will and take the harder, lower road to the same destination.  We also, by our choices, attitudes and actions, can choose to simply NOT be a part of the good portion of what is coming; living in the felicity of the association of the best that have walked the earth.  We have the power to choose NOW.  The time is short - the day is almost past for us to repent of our sullen attitudes and to rise up.  A change of heart can happen in an instant.  I know because I have had that mighty change of heart many times come over me in a quiet moment of pondering when the Spirit simply touched me and I was born a new man.

I have also lived with those who have chosen to be defiant of God - and the consequence both mentally and emotionally (and even physically) have exacted a terrible toll on them.  God will not be mocked.  When we fight against God's will (what our spirits know to be true), it exacts a terrible toll on the spirit/body and we suffer.  For example, people who elect to have an abortion for selfish reasons - who go against the finer whisperings of their spirits, and of the whisperings of God's will - have been shown to have a markedly higher increase in mental and emotional instability.  When we are aligned with God's will, our spirit is at peace - because we are first and foremost spiritual beings; secondly physical beings.  When we are out of sync (out of resonance) with God's will, our spiritual beings suffer, but being subjected to the flesh, our physical wills override that of our spirit - and the spirit suffers.  The cognitive dissonance destroys our well-being over time and this is often the root of many of the mental/emotional maladies that people experience in this life.  As people become hardened, this is the process of the physical presence over-riding the will of our sensitive inner beings.  Once it has been completely overcome, the spiritual death is complete and satan seals the person his.  I am not entirely sure how this process works, but it might well be the analgous to the opposite case of receiving the Second Comforter.  God creates/builds/inspires and the d'evil imitates/tears down/destroys.

6 comments:

  1. Seriously 1 woman to many men - talk about a horrible thought. OK hubbies please go outside and mow the lawn - really, like that would ever work out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wife should check into parasite cleansing. All dis-ease is from parasites (well parasites cause a imbalance with our intestines allowing candida, fungal, bacterial, viral issues) and with the chemtrails, gmo foods, tons of toxic pesticides on organic and non-organic foods, we are seeing the results - everyone is sick, fat and tired or the complete opposite overly skinny and bad skin.

    Cheaply done try Diatomaceous Earth (DE) - 1 tablespoon a day for 90+ days. Quicker method is DE 1 tablespoon a day for several days and then throw in a few tablespoons of castor oil to help really expunge those suckers. Do this as needed until you have better health.

    Always supplement with liquid vitamins (pills do not dissolve as readily) and look for oxygen supplements.

    Good luck - may she find health soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have a few instances of polyandry (a woman having multiple husbands) such as was the case with Mary Rollins. These very few occurrences were usually a faithful female who was married initially to a non member husband. To receive the blessings of the temple these women were sealed to worthy priesthood holders. As further light, knowledge, and clarification were revealed to the living oracles this practice (as far as I know) has been completely stopped. Should the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles re-institute either of these marital practices (polyandry or polygamy - two sides of the plural marriage coin) then I would have to pray about it.
    In the mean time I'll be content to struggle with my own current weakness and short comings and keep asking for the power of grace through the atonement of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polyandry brings up the question of, who's the father, when children occur. This is simply chaos. I seriously doubt it would happen.
    I don't know why everybody has to look at polygamy with a puerile view. Any one want who wants that level of obligation and responsibility, and maintaining peace within the complexity of relationships for a little sex is just a little crazy.
    Who wants to tell all those single women in each of your wards, oh well I guess you have to wait for the millennium to have a family, maybe. Or, you will have a mate in the next world. To deny these the women the opportunity of having a family of their own is selfishness.
    No matter how you at to look it there will always be more faithful women than men and the hard cold fact is that polygamy is here to stay, if not here, then on the other side we will have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps many of these non-commitment return missionaries putting off marriage for college pushing 30, just dating and hanging out with buds, need an attitude adjustment.

    And don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I have a 29 year old return missionary daughter who looks like Julia Roberts with the volume turned up smile and all living in BYU territory who is still single!

    And no, don't ask for her phone number. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Often the wisdom of God is foolishness to men, but the greatest single lesson to be learned in mortality is that when God commands and a man obeys, that man will always be right."

    How ignorant and stupid we LDS are with the answers and excuses we make.

    ReplyDelete