THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

THE STATURE OF ADAM AND EVE

I hope I get a chance to meet them one day and thank them for their roles.

I imagine Eve just as described - child birth had to be easy for her....  there were no hospitals in the day, so she had to have the physical constitution to get it done without assistance.  And this, many times over.

Here is the quote:

Vision of Adam and Eve with
Oliver Cowdery and Zebedee Coltrin
Notes of Zebedee Coltrin's Words

Once after returning from a mission, he [Zebedee Coltrin] met Brother Joseph in Kirtland, who asked him if he did not wish to go with him to a conference at New Portage. The party consisted of Presidents Joseph Smith, Sidney Rigdon, Oliver Cowdery and myself [Zebedee Coltrin]. Next morning at New Portage, he noticed that Joseph seemed to have a far off look in his eyes, or was looking at a distance and presently he, Joseph, stepped between Brothers Cowdery and Coltrin and taking them by the arm, said, "Let's take a walk." They went to a place where there was some beautiful grass and grapevines and swamp beech interlaced. President Joseph Smith then said, "Let us pray." They all three prayed in turn—Joseph, Oliver, and Zebedee. Brother Joseph then said, "Now brethren, we will see some visions." Joseph lay down on the ground on his back and stretched out his arms and the two brethren lay on them. The heavens gradually opened, and they saw a golden throne, on a circular foundation, something like a light house, and on the throne were two aged personages, having white hair, and clothed in white garments. They were the two most beautiful and perfect specimens of mankind he ever saw. Joseph said, "They are our first parents, Adam and Eve." Adam was a large, broad-shouldered man, and Eve as a woman, was large in proportion.
("Statement of Zebedee Coltrin." Minutes, 3 October 1883, Salt Lake School of Prophets, LDS Church Archives, Salt Lake City, Utah, 66-67)

2 comments:

  1. IRAQ FYI just for you unless you deem worthy to post being as I haven't read it yet. I just found this. It's someone's Second Comforter witness experience. Says they were obligated to post it for two years and that will be up Nov 15, 2015 and then all traces of it will be removed so they can get back to a "normal" life. Here it is for your time and consideration. I've only BARELY started reading it but thought it would be something you may be interested in brother. God bless and have a good day.

    http://thesecondcomforter.com/my-advice/

    I found it by happenstance on some blog spot I've never seen before and haven't fully checked out either. http://ljnsvoice.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2015-01-01T00:00:00-07:00&updated-max=2016-01-01T00:00:00-07:00&max-results=39

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. to the above comment I posted. I read the entire "testimony". This brother is associated with Denver Snuffer, which I did not know and the website I found the article on contains "pro" Denver Snuffer stuff.

      I advise all to proceed with the Spirit and form your own opinion because brother Denver Snuffer has been ex-communicated which is a tragedy indeed!



      Delete