THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

ENTERTAINING ANGELS UNAWARES - DOOM OFF, SOME MUSIC FUN

Now that I am a Canuck, I have to give a shout out to some good old Canadian music.  My Teachers Quorum advisor was Randy Bachman back in his heyday (late 1970's and early 1980's).  He was always the designated driver on local gigs/tours and, when we took his rig out for Scouting excursions, we found a few Jim Beam and Jack Daniels bottles rattling around the floorboards in the back.  I have adopted a little of his gentle nature into me - I was always impressed with that part of him.  He married a woman that was not a good fit for him - she was so prim and proper and he was more laid back and not so serious.  Even as a kid, I knew it was not a good match when I would observe them in our ward.  Oil and water.

His son, my contemporary, Tal (this song was about his wife who has left him with their 8 children, deciding to stick with the gospel, in spite of Tal) has left the church and is on par with Ed Decker from back in the day.  I have tried to rescue him - but he is bound in chains, for now.  He is so bitter because he allowed his short-lived music career to canker himself instead of growing from the struggle.  When faced with bitter disappointment we MUST force ourselves to focus on what the lesson is for us in this life - instead of the bitterness of the pain of the journey.  God will use those Abrahamic tests to strip away the fluff and expose us in our extremity - so we can know who we are; truly who we are in our Fallen state.....  When it came to Tal, he expected the Lord to take him on a wave of success like his father - and expected to pay his tithing faithfully and it would be done.  It was not to be - even though he was doing it by the book.  He was obedient in all things - but could not find his niche in the industry - and the income that he needed for his growing family.  Sometimes, in bitterness of soul, the d'evil makes his move and can snatch the vulnerable from their tenable perch.  So it was for Tal.  It has been hard to see him on the anti web sites like a lion tearing fragile faith to pieces.  I have some very personal stuff I will not share until the future plays out - but our futures have been intertwined in an interesting dance.  Sadly, he will have to own the damage he has wrought in so many lives.  That will be a bitter pill one day for him.

One of my favorite songs that my wife and I adopted in the years leading up to the death of our son, was Sarah Mclaughlin's "In the Arms of the Angel" that we discovered in the movie, City of Angels - a very complex romantic foray into death and love and tragedy of one who made an overt decision to alter their future - and the consequences of that decision.  When we lost our little guy, we found a lot of solace in the music and the themes from the movie.  Here is a cover of that song that I came across from an LDS song-writer/composer whose experience I am hoping to feature on this blog.  Excellent talent - probably better than the original song by Sarah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=opeoZUHQfvk

Regular people doing amazing things.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I never realized those guys were LDS. Tal's story is sad. Hopefully you can reach him somehow, but I bet it's hard to leave Babylon. It's sad what can happen to people when they think they are smart. I've got a friend that seems to be following a similar path. It's frustrating because they should know better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother so VERY VERY sad for you and your wife for the loss of your precious baby boy. We, your blog family, want so desperately to ease your pain and suffering and wrap our arms around you both. To somehow lessen the pain of your broken hearts. It's a most helpless feeling to be on the "outside looking in".

    All I have to offer is my love and prayers and testimony of the future day that awaits you and your wife. A day full of LIGHT, JOY, LAUGHTER, REJOICING, NO MORE TEARS, when that little boy will be loving placed in the arms of your wife alive and well to be raised to maturity in the Millennium by his faithful parents who have endured in grace and dignity his loss. Your son must surely be a mighty warrior of God who watches over your family. God grant you both peace of mind and heart until the dawning of that day.

    https://youtu.be/_FQb-cVwbKE Jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed. The victory is won! He is risen from the dead. And I will rise when He calls my name. No more sorrow, no more pain. I will rise on eagles wings, before my God fall on my knees, and I WILL RISE! Hope this beautiful song offers some comfort. Great talent!

    As for your story of above. No, I'd have never guessed BTO member(s) were LDS! Wow! And Tal....seriously....did he start having kids when he was 10? He looks so young in the video! I always sang along to this song on the radio. Never saw the video.

    Sad story of his life and how your friendship/influence hasn't been enough to turn him around. I know, too, how hard it is to see the chains of captivity wrapped around someone I care about. I just prayed for Tal. I hope he comes around before it's to late and it would be great if he became like Alma or the sons of Mosiah and tried to repair the damage you say he's inflicted on the faith of others.

    He's lucky to have a friend like you!

    ReplyDelete