THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

PLEASE SHOW ME THE WAY! LORD, SHOW ME THE WAY. A PLEADING FROM AN UNLIKELY SOURCE

This song just came on the radio.  I should listen to this on a regular basis.  This song is full of passion.  I can relate to it 100%.  Dennis DeYoung kind of cooked his goose with this song - it pushed the other members of the group over the edge thinking he was taking them from screaming guitars into a gospel band.  The dissenting guitarist had already left the group in disgust and did not get the windfall of that last hit.

Every night I say a prayer in the hope that there's a heaven
And every day I'm more confused as the saints turn into sinners
All the heroes and legends I knew as a child have fallen to idols of clay
And I feel this empty place inside so afraid that I've lost my faith

Show me the way, show me the way
Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away
Show me the way


And as I slowly drift to sleep, for a moment dreams are sacred
I close my eyes and know there's peace in a world so filled with hatred

That I wake up each morning and turn on the news to find we've so far to go
And I keep on hoping for a sign, so afraid that I just won't know

Show me the way, Show me the way
Take me tonight to the mountain
And take my confusion away


And if I feel light, should I believe
Tell me how will I know


Show me the way, show me the way
Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away
Show me the way, show me the way
Give me the strength and the courage
To believe that I'll get there someday
Show me the way


Every night I say a prayer
In the hope that there's a heaven
Songwriters: CHALFANT, KEVIN/ROLIE, GREGG
Show Me The Way lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal

As part of the Days of Awe, prayer and fasting are a key component.  This starts tomorrow on the birthday of my first love and ends on my birthday, this year.

Days of Awe

September 13th 2015 also begins what is known as the “Days of Awe” or “Yamim Noraim”.  The Days of Awe sometimes are also referred to as the “Days of Repentance”.  The Days of Awe continue for 10 days for the purpose of providing an opportunity to repent before the next high holiday of “Yom Kippur” or “Day of Atonement” occurs on the Jewish calendar.  Yom Kippur occurs on September 22nd through 23rd in the year 2015, 10 days after September 13th.   Yom Kippur is the day of deliverance and salvation!

According to Jewish traditions, God has books in which He inscribes the names of those who will live and who will die…speaking of eternal life and eternal death.  The book can be altered during the Days of Awe through repentance but they become sealed on Yom Kippur.  The Sabbath or Shabbat, which occurs during these Days of Awe, is known as “the Sabbath of the Return”. 

My plan is to fast for three days and begin to pray a new prayer - or in a new way.  As Nephi taught us to do.  I have not utilized prayer to its full potential because I may have been missing something - a key of knowledge that is not taught in Sunday school with the SMAs.  I will be praying for a cleansing, of sorts, in preparation for asking for a special blessing.  At the very least, it is a good time to pray for understanding during the next conference.  Maybe for protections from those things that surely will come upon a wicked and fallen world.

Lord, please show me the way!  I am a lost, sinner and need your divine spark in my life - to make me into a roaring flame for good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXf2PbEPQ-Y

I will try and get the time to do a post tomorrow on the basics of prayer and to lead to greater things.  To quote a pal, there is great power in calling on the name of the Lord.  I will share the experience this person had that led them to a sought after blessing.  Remember that our blessings come from God to bless our whole family.  Getting to God's presence is an individual quest - but exaltation occurs as a couple/family unit.  We have been placed in our units to bring the whole to the culmination point.  Some less nimbly, as others - and therein lies our patience as Saints, and our trials that mold us into better people.

Maybe this year's prayer will produce not only some awe, but maybe a little shock to go along with it.

Ask yourself, when you had the Lord answer a mighty prayer - if it did not occur during this ten day period (it changes every year as the lunar calendar shifts).  It would be fun to look in Enos's experience to find clues to the timing of that one.  Same thing with Mahonri Moriancumr's experience.  That of Lehi and Nephi, etc.  I will pay a little more attention to it from now on when I read the narratives.

No comments:

Post a Comment