THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, September 4, 2015

NO VOG IN HAWAII

First off, I'm a fan of VoG....this past Tuesday, our missionaries held a discussion with a non-member at our house. Afterwards, they told us that their mission pres. has put the order out to the entire mission that they are not to mention or be part of any discussion involving anything to do with VoG. I asked them why? No answer other than they said a GA gave the direction in a letter to the mission pres...Missionaries said they will email it to me next Mon, TBD. This caused me to reflect on the negative review on fairmormon about VoG and also reflect on how the discussion between members and this book has become a very controversial/divisive item. Then I realized that the majority of the folks that also have a negative view about it are also the ones that don't have or don't feel they need food storage or other physical preparatory items. This has caused me wonder how they are spiritually prepared so I’m curious and ask "why don't you have food storage or preparations, etc.?" Most have answered with, "the Lord will provide, or if any of that stuff happens then I just want to go quick, or frankly it's not a priority"...yikes. Last Sunday, because of the potential double slam from Hurricanes to our islands, we discussed preparations (combined 5th)… yeah finally! Our elders quorum pres. (who is also a VoG fan) stressed the topic to our leadership. During the meeting, it was discovered that most (including leadership) by show of hands don’t have food storage. Our elders quorum pres. is always bringing up food storage and preparation in PEC, ward council and home teaching topics. He has shared with me his frustrations that a lot of folks seem to be numb. All I can say is, I am grateful for many things. I am grateful to be awake and be able to prepare physically and spiritually and to try and help others. On a side note and added witness, my friend and his wife (who's Japanese) have been taking the discussions. When I first met her, she shared with me many of her personal visions she's had that parallel what is contained in VoG! She has never been exposed to Mormon doctrine/prophecies or anything related to VoG previously. Because of her visions, I loaned VoG to her husband and he read it and said, “Wow, yep, my wife has been telling me about this stuff for many years now, it’s finally good to know she isn’t the only one and I have a witness to what she has dreamed and seen in visions.” She has asked my wife to help her with food storage and has had several trips to Costco now. In another thread was a discussion of tactical nukes, my friends wife never saw any of those go off here on Oahu, she saw the use of a lot of conventional type weapons for sabotage.

No comments:

Post a Comment