THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, October 8, 2012

DIE IN BATTLE - PREVIOUS TOPIC REVISITED

I had a comment on a previous topic - and since some of the best stuff on the blog is commentary on articles, etc; and many folks do not go to the commentary, I try and make the significant comments, or ones that move me, into new blog pieces.

Someone asked about my comment on my son's statement about dying in battle.  Here is a reference to an earlier blog piece.  When I had the feeling about my boy who was carrying on his Grandfather's name (who died in Vietnam), we had traveled to southeastern Idaho to the very building where my (would have been) FIL was buried after his remains were returned from Vietnam, in order to give our boy a name and a blessing.  He was a beloved figure in that small community and the Ward building was packed with people who knew of the significance of the event - the carrying on of that family name-sake thru the loins of my boy (all the other children of Lester Moulton were female, so the name thru that line effectively came to a halt on this telestial sphere).  Hope you enjoy it - and keep your children close and love them.  You NEVER know when the Lord will alter what you think is carved in stone.  Mothers, raise your children well; the Book of Mormon was written for OUR time and for our learning - its not just random stories meant to pass your time with - you may well be raising the modern-day Stripling Warriors who will have an impact on our modern destiny and whose righteousness may well determine their physical and spiritual abilities to overcome the battles raging around them.

I hope you are able to draw something from this.  It had a major impact on me:

http://woodyoubelieveit.blogspot.com/2009/12/from-mouth-of-babes-prediction-to-pay.html

5 comments:

  1. I remember when you posted the story of your boy and the other boy in primary class saying he would die in battle. I have a friend whose father gave her son a blessing several years ago...before you posted that...that their son would not complete a mission, but would be called to serve to defend the country. That boy has just barely turned 17. I am wondering how old your son is now...14 or 15...can you share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - yes my boy is 15 years old. He will be 16 in under 6 months and we plan on having him baptize my youngest daughter at that juncture. I am going to strongly encourage him to consider serving a mission the minute he graduates so that he can have that blessing before he is called over to the other side - if he is indeed called over at a young age (there goes my plan to carry on my name in this telestial world.....).
    I hope this generation feels the weight of what they will have to pass thru. They will be the greatest generation - because WWII was nothing compared to what is coming. I am not even sure I am going to make it through it - but I have some level of assurance my two youngest and my wife will most likely make it through. We have already discussed the contingencies and possibilities. I am comfortable with the possibility of her being married for time or even sealed to another (if that is part of the deal). I do want what is best for her in any case - and I do believe someone who is righteous objecting to a righteous thing can throw a wrench in the works of God's economy. Agency must be honored in any and all cases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that info. I am just trying to map things out in my mind as far as timing. If my friend's blessing to her son is accurate and thier son goes on his mission in one year,and ends up being sent home to defend the country...then we would have to be at war significantly enough that he would be called home within about three years from today. That'd put us at 2015 being at war. We would have to be about two years into that war for your son's premonition to be fulfilled. I thought about this a lot when you originally told of your experience with your primary class and thought it fit with what I see happening in the world. I hope, though, that it doesn't prove to be true...even though I sense that you have great faith and trust regardless, and will accept whatever you are asked to sacrifice.

    BTW, I found your blog several years back...can't remember exactly, but quite a few ago and I check it daily to see what you've posted. I really enjoy the things you share, have learned a lot of things I never would have known, and appreciate the time that it requires of you to do so. I've told several kindred spirits about it. Keep up the great efforts.

    A mother of seven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently, I listened to Jonathan Cahn, a jewish messianic rabbi, talk about his new book "The Harbinger" on Youtube. If you haven't discovered him, you will find what he has to say most interesting. As I read about your son and other young men who sense the impending destruction of war for America and their future ultimate sacrifice, I remain chilled as to what Jonathan Cahn also has to say about 2015 and the destruction of unrepentant America. It's humbling to live in such quickly changing and turbulent times. May our souls be prepared as we approach the Lord's magnificent second coming.

    The Nova Scotians

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I did a piece on Rabbi Cahn. Fascinating stuff! I agree with his 2015 for an economic collapse of an entire nature. Maybe worse! Maybe some west coast destruction will drive the economic collapse.

    We live in interesting times to say the least!

    ReplyDelete