THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

THE ULTIMATE BUG OUT BIKE

I promised some folks a little piece on what I consider the ultimate bugout bike (who I like to call BOB, the newest member of the family...).

This is a Yamaha TW200.  It is the best because it has fat tires (ATV-style) that will go over most anything, a low clearance so a shorter guy/gal can still mount it and balance on it without being on tip-toes.  It has one of the smallest weights of a production bike out there, it gets 70-90mpg, is air cooled, has electric start and a conventional kick-start, is road worthy (licensable), can haul two to three (smaller) people, such as one adult and two kids, and is just plain all around a great bike.

I found a great rack for it at cycleracks.com (on e-Bay), mounted an ATV trunk on the back of it from Rocky Mountain ATV (free shipping) and another four gallon tank on the back.  You can get a 2.8 gallon Clarke aftermarket saddle tank for the bike, but I wanted an approx 500 mile range on it, so I opted out and got the red detachable tank.  It can be jettisoned when empty in a pinch.  On my wish list is a front rack from cycleracks.com and another 5 gallons of fuel to help balance the rig out front to rear.  Why all the hubbub, expense and time on something like this?

The time will come when fuel is a premium, the roads in the West will be broken up and you will have options like this, or hoofing it.  I will have alot of ground to cover if I am caught off guard and decided this was my best option.  If the roads are clogged as they often are in disasters, you will find a machine that allows you to skirt those lines of cars on the shoulder, or to pick your way thru a rock slide is the best option.

In the meantime, this makes a great hunting vehicle when the trunk is filled with a tent, a sleeping bag, cold weather food, some good dehydrated meals and a stove that runs on diesel or what you have in your red can.  Also, a Costco cookie tin filled with the electronic components for this simple bike for that EMP contingency that I swear is coming at some point - probably around the time Romney drops the hammer and attacks Iran.

So, there you have it.  I introduce to you BOB:










No comments:

Post a Comment