THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, October 26, 2012

BEING BROUGHT BACK INTO THE LORD'S PRESENCE

Popped on over to Denver Snuffer this morning.  Does this scripture not encapsulate the purpose of our journey here on this earth?  Would not this be a nice capstone to the project of building our life around the Savior?  Is this not where strength in the marriage reaches its pinnacle - when two people bound together embark on this journey together, utilizing each others' strengths to make it to this point, just as Adam and Eve did?  Is not that the prototype of our earthly existence?

"[T]he Lord showed himself unto him, and said: Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I show myself unto you." (Ether 3: 13.)

At my niece's baptism, in giving a talk on baptism, I told her this was her next step after receiving the baptism by fire; the next logical outgrowth of having had hands laid on her head and given the charge to do just that. 

You would  have thought I was advocating eating dog poop with whipped cream and a marachino cherry on top by the looks on faces......  Nobody was glaring at me, but there sure were a lot of confused looks on faces at my "new" doctrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment