THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

PREACHING TO THE STANDARD - NOT NECESSARILY THE REALITY

OK - one last one for the day....

This is from one of my comments on a recent post that I though was repeating as a post:

I have to say here - people have chimed into the blog at times feeling deflated and upset that I have been too harsh or judgmental; and I understand where they are coming from.

Almost every single talk (and Priesthood lesson) I have ever given in Church (I love teaching the children, because I never have to preface anything I say with them - they are still unsullied and still forming an opinion and fully teachable; us adults, not so much) is prefaced with the old statement that what I am about to give is the Lord's standard that we could/should aspire to. Where we are actually at is a whole other topic. I always tow the line of where we should be at and rarely ever cater to the world's standard. Even in my own life, I always preach to the theoretical, but fall short repeatedly - and I have a wife and four kids who can attest to that detail..... Otherwise, I would already be hanging around with the likes of Enoch and Elijah etc.

My daughter and I went to get some hay a few weeks ago and on the long drive, she asked how someone could be imperfect and have a solid testimony (like I do). I think she thought you had to be perfect in order to have the Spirit witness strongly to you. I chuckled and began to list my imperfections (sorry, no joy on that one, the comments only allow 4000 characters...) but then I also went over how each one of those imperfections has helped me become a stronger person.

I knew I was in trouble and had departed the path to some degree when I could not read past the first couple of chapters as a teenager, in The Miracle of Forgiveness. It was just giving me way too many gut punches and I knew repentance was in order at that point. So it is with some of the harder things that we bump into - such as what Denver Snuffer has been writing (that all is not well in Zion). To balance out all perspectives here in the comments, though, truly, when I have been off the path, I took the truth to be hard. As I aligned myself with the principles of the Gospel, it became easier for me. Truly His yoke is easy and the burden is light - when we are striving in a spirit of humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment