THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WHAT IS OUR TRUE MISSION??


"We are a warlike people, easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel — ships, planes, missiles, fortifications — and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become anti-enemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan's counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior's teaching [to love your enemies]."— Spencer W. Kimball, 1976

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that you would cite this particular article. I used this as my family home evening lesson last night because I've been concerned that my children (mostly my son) have been placing their heart on computer games. They have been obsessing and fighting over playing computer games which has really bothered me. The gist of the lesson was that the electronics we enjoy today can be false gods we unintentionally worship. President Kimball said that it's a colossal mistake to reject “all that my Father hath” (D&C 84:38) for a few minutes time on a game.

    As far as President Kimball's statement on us being a warlike people, unfortunately, this is an issue I've had to repent of. It took me a while before I was willing to look at the 9/11 evidence and when I did I had to come to the logical conclusion that our own government was behind 9/11. Dr. Steven Jones was the individual who convinced me. I had to see the logic and the exploding thermite he found in the WTC dust.

    Thanks for posting this particular quote. I think it's needed to help remind us of what latter day saints are supposed to be and do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if you have seen this...haven't seen it anywhere else but Israel has (Not) so secretly REVOKED the religious exemption to serving in the armed forces there. As in EVERYONE will have to serve in their armed forces.

    The commentator thinks that it is a response to Russia as well as the EU and US.

    http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/03/04/israeli-changes-military-service-to-include-religious/

    ReplyDelete