THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, March 10, 2014

FEAST OF FIRST FRUITS

So, looking on this large slide (previous post), you will see the Spring Feasts on the left of the slide.  One of days among the days of unleavened bread (picture Christ being the Bread of Life), if the Feast of the First Fruits - which was the day which Christ was resurrected on.  He was the first - and then many were brought forward from their graves and appeared to many in the days following that event.  What an awesome day that will be, when it happens again here shortly as part of the morning of the First Resurrection!  Many, who have been faithful and true to higher Temple Covenants will come forth on that morning.  There will be a great assistance to the work at hand after they come forth.  Truly, there will be more on that side of the equation, than on the other side of the equation.  The battle will be on!  Do not give up when it seems all is lost, for that is the moment of brilliance that shines forth.  That will be the time when all things are put under His feet, whose right it is to rule and reign for the thousand years.

Back on topic; I was reading in 2 Nephi Ch 2 this morning - and I almost skipped it because I have read it so many times that I almost have portions of it memorized, or on the tip of my tongue as I read along.  I was glad I did not skip it, because of Verse 9 (CLICK LINK) - that speaks of the First Fruits.  I love the gospel.  In Lehi's day, they clearly understood this concept - yet, in the ensuing 600 years, the light had dimmed so much among the people of Jerusalem, that they did not see it when it shined in the their midst.  Even after the crucifixion, with all the signs at that time (such as the scarlet cord around the neck of the scapegoat not turning white for 40 years until they were destroyed in 70AD - though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow - OR - the coming forth of hundreds from their graves and testifying to many after Christ rose on that day), the people were too dull of hearing and their eyes had lost their vision, so that they could not see.


1 comment: