THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

HOW DID THE GREAT FLOOD SHAPE THE CONTINENTS?

This in from a blog buddy:
 
Here's a cool 6 minute video that goes over if the global flood of Noah's time actually occurred, and how it could have shaped the continents.

 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Really interesting... for me that personally makes a lot of sense. In Moses it talks about water above the firmament, and the water below the firmament, and I'd heard people say that was referring to the water on the earth and the water up in the clouds, but that never set right with me.

    It specifically says that this firmament is in the midst (or middle of) the water, and it divided the "great waters under the firmament" from the "waters above the firmament".

    I went back and read all the references to "firmament" in Moses, and it seems to reference 2 different things with the word firmament. One is always referred to as the Firmament of the Heaven, which might just reference our atmosphere, or even space, but it also speaks of a firmament that divides the waters. Sounds to me like a layer of earth that divided a large layer of water under the earth from all the water on the face of the earth. It also refers to the water under the firmament as the "great waters" and the water above the firmament simply as "waters" which sounds to me like there would have been more water under the ground than above it.

    Here are the 2 verses of interest from Moses Chapter 2.


    6 And again, I, God, said: Let there be a firmament in the midst of the water, and it was so, even as I spake; and I said: Let it divide the waters from the waters; and it was done;

    7 And I, God, made the firmament and divided the waters, yea, the great waters under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament, and it was so even as I spake.

    Also, I also found a newer updated version of the YouTube video linked to in the article. Its about 10 minutes long and is of the same man and covers the same material.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9ZGt9UA-U

    ReplyDelete