THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, December 18, 2016

WELL, MY DAD IS GONE

He passed away Saturday at noon.  Peacefully - and I have felt peace over it;  the same peace I felt when Dallin died (though I still cried my eyes out over not holding a sweet little baby again - until the resurrection).

He was a good man - and I am blessed to be called his son.  He left a good name and a good legacy and footsteps for me to follow.  He was not perfect - but neither am I.  I think he meets the grade of what it takes to quality as a good man - becoming just and holy.  Where I think I am at.  I would like to be considered just and holy one day.  There is still much work ahead of me.

It really does not matter where one is at in that process - so long as the slope is positive when the mortal sojourn is cut short.  God requires a willing heart and mind - He does not require perfection; though we have all been charged with that end-goal.

So now I get to throw my work schedule into chaos and get out and go face a few siblings who did not have a good relationship with their father over selfish and dumb things.  Mostly over sin and greed on their parts.  I warned them some time ago that it was folly to maintain a hostile stance with someone over petty things - when that person was obviously closer to the veil than most are.

As usual, I will stay aloof and observe from a distance.  They will now have a more difficult than usual row to hoe.  One sibling that they have bullied pretty much out of the social circle will no doubt be there.  I am hoping it will be a positive thing.  Time is short people - wake up and get your crap together before the day comes wherein no works can be performed.  Then, it is everlastingly too late.  Today is the day to perform those labors......  but then, I might as well be talking to a wall......

Sigh....

3 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss...lost my Mother and Father within 8 weeks of each other. Though they were both in their nineties, I will forever miss them...their voices...I love. A bittersweet good-bye for you...hope for you the very best at this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences. All my best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry for your loss. I lost my Father on 12/18/1998 from a very sudden and unexpected heart attack. I have to say that it was the most spiritual Christmas that I have ever experienced. The veil was so thin we could feel my Father's joy of being on the other side. The family drew together and some of family members that had turned from God renewed their belief and turned their lives around.

    ReplyDelete