THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, July 11, 2016

THE STEAMBOAT ARABIA, EARLY LATTER-DAY SAINTS AND CATASTROPHISM

I was just chatting with a co-worker from Missouri who has been to the museum in Kansas City for this thing.  This museum is on my bucket list.

I first read about this disaster in some church periodical article:

http://mormonhistoricsites.org/steamboat-arabia-museum-exhibit/

There were a bunch of Saints on that boat that were headed west to Utah.

The thing that stuck with me, was the fact that they had to dig about 60 feet down from level ground (in a farmer's field) to get to where it was at - and that the river today is about 400 feet away from its old channel.

Here is a pic of the escavation site (note the sediment layering on the escavation wall):

https://www.google.com/search?q=steamboat+arabia+excavation+site&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLqPKv4ezNAhVW0WMKHXM0BTsQ_AUICSgC&biw=1025&bih=446#imgdii=ncewwrnKryY66M%3A%3BncewwrnKryY66M%3A%3B0NRpk8ILHdZnmM%3A&imgrc=ncewwrnKryY66M%3A

There are a lot of people that would claim that it would take millions of years to bury something up to 60 feet deep.  I am kind of a catastrophist - and believe it can take a lot less.  I know the river in that area was not 60 feet deep when it sank.

What I am trying to say, is do not take everything you see at face value.  Sometimes, you have to question everything and think outside the box to come to a correct conclusion on some things.

People that buy the CNN/Smithsonian narrative (lies and obfuscations) are going to be sorely surprised one day.


1 comment:

  1. I read an article about that steam boat online... posted by a fermentation fb group... that steam boat had lots of intact bottled of lacto fermented aka brine pickled vegetables.... and they were still completely edible and had firm testure and color.... pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete