THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

GIVING UP BEFORE THE REWARD

I really like Eric Smith's musings.  He is a top-notch guy.

Here is another blog piece I wholly recommend - and have to say the number of I have heard the very phrase, "I hope to go before it gets too bad."  To me, that is a cop-out.  I have another peep that uses the phrase, "We are in it, to win it".  In other words - SUCCEED!  Rolling over and dying is not my idea of how it is supposed to go down.  I agree with Eric - in that so doing, we basically just hand the victory to the adversary. 

No way, Jose.  I have come way too far, scrapping and fighting my way along to just roll over and cede to that puke and his minions.  They are nothing - they never got a body, and they never will.  They were too stupid to figure it out in the beginning - and with the Holy Ghost as our guide, we are way too empowered to let them outsmart us in this phase of the battle.  Sometimes, ya just gotta get pissed - and fight like you mean it!

One of the greatest false doctrines taught by most biblical students is that you should be peaceful and just keep giving ground.  I am here to say - along with the corrected doctrine in the Book of Mormon, that it is our duty to give NO ground in the fight, and that if we allow things to go south, we will be held accountable at the judgment bar when our lives are put on review.  We give NO ground on values, we give no ground on defense of the truth.  We simply hold it - never going on the offensive, but never letting up an inch of ground.  This is conservatism - to give NO ground.

Here is Eric's article:

http://doctrinalessays.blogspot.com/2016/07/doctrinal-elephants-in-room.html

Glad to bring out the elephants.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of those saints who survived the tribulations, Spencer writes "[They] were chosen for these times before the world was created, and they arose with great faith and willingness to do the Lord's work. They were not lost, they were home."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that quote from "Spencer"!! Thanks for pointing that out!

      Delete