THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, July 8, 2016

RESURRECTION - THE MECHANICS OF IT, AND A MIRACLE

One of the greatest things I can think of in my future, is to (if it is necessary - I believe my father and I will  most likely both make it into the Millennium without tasting death in the conventional sense) jointly, with a righteous companion, raise my son from his grave.  It will be a Patriarchal event, where fathers will rise and raise the next generation down until the latest generation (not sure if that is doctrinal - just how I have pictured it).  I have always seen my mother and father raising me, then my father and I raising my wife (again, assuming that this will even be necessary) and my wife and I then raising our meriting (first resurrection-qualifying) children from the grave and the process continuing on down until the latest generation, etc.

Here is a scripture that has multiple levels, talking of the rebuilding of the House of Israel from the dust that they were driven into as rebellious twirps - and also what the physical event will be like from Ezekiel 37 - arguably the best chapter of that book:
 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.
 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
 11 ¶Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
 12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
 13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves
 I have mentioned it to several people who have not had a chance to marry in this life for lack of a good male candidate - that the times when these armies (righteous - in defense of their homes, families and lands against evil incursions) will rise from the dust, there will be a correction to balance out the failed Priesthood who will shortly perish en masse for not having risen up to defend good principle in this final battle of this heated temporal war.  In the interim, it will be a crazy bad ratio for the women who already have it bad as it is.

Here is yet another story from this blog reader who has a fantastic lineage - something you can draw on - of people who just simple lived rock-solid good lives and loved the truth and good principle:

     Sixtus E. Johnson, son of Seth. Nephew-in-law to George D. Wilson.
Zeke Johnson Story

Son of Joel Hills Johnson


            [Dear Grandchildren, I am going to include a story written by a son of Joel Hills Johnson. He was a noted guide for scientific explorers in Utah and surrounding country. He and the Lord, saved some of them from dying of thirst, etc. I have hesitated to include this in my jargon of stories and events because this is a sacred miracle. The church has known of this for over 60 years. I remember seeing it printed in the Era once. It may have been used other places but it is sacred and not blared in every speech or conference. It is absolutely true, Zekes’ word was his bond. I hope some jackass descendant dosen’t some day begin showing their great knowledge on a mission or in school or college, of course people would take it for ignorance. So far as I know this is the only view such as this ever seen by me. If it was after Christ came forth there is no record of details.]

            Experience of Zeke Johnson-85 years old in 1954, that I had in 1908-09 in San Juan County, Utah.

            I was just making a home in Blanding, the whole country there was covered with trees and sagebrush. I was working hard to clear the land to plant a few acres of corn. We had five acres cleared and started to plant corn. My little boy Roy 7 or 8 was there to help me plant. I’d plough around the piece and then he’d drop the corn and I’d plough and cover it up. When I made the next furrow he’d plant again. While I was ploughing on the piece, I discovered evidence of an ancient house there. As I ploughed one round, I discovered that the plough had turned out the skeleton of a small child. The skull and back bone, most of the bones had rotted and gone. A part of the skeleton was there. I had just passed it a little so I stopped to look, my back against the plough handles. As I was looking at the little skeleton and wondering, all of a sudden to my surprise, I saw the bones begin to wiggle and change positions and to take on different color and within a minute, there lay a beautiful little skeleton. It was perfect. Then I saw the inner part of the body coming in, the entrails, etc. I saw the flesh covering the body, when the inner parts were all in, the skin covered the body, about a half minute after it was complete, then a beautiful head of hair adorned its head. Then a beautiful crystal decoration appeared in its beautiful combed hair. It was parted on the side. In about half minute after the hair was on, the child raised up on her feet. She had been lying a little on her side with her back to me, because of this I wasn’t able to determine the sex of the child, but as she raised up, a beautiful robe came down over her left shoulder and I saw it must be a girl. She looked at me and I looked at her smiling for a few seconds. Then in my delight to get hold of her, I said, “Oh, you beautiful child.” I reached out as if to embrace her and she disappeared. That was all I saw. My little boy was at the other end of the furrow, wondering why I stopped. I stood wondering and thinking for a few minutes. Now I couldn’t tell that story to anyone, because it was so mysterious to me. Why should I have such a miraculous experience? I couldn’t figure such a human being in such a condition, as to plough that little body out and see it come alive. A body of a child 5 to 7 years old.


            I couldn’t tell that story to anyone, until I finally met Stake Patriarch, Wayne H. Red. He stopped me on the street and said, “Zeke, you have had an experience on this mesa that you won’t tell, “I want you to tell it to me.” Well I told it to him. Then he had me tell it to other friends, and since then I have related it in 4 temples, fast meetings and socials and conferences. I wondered about it. It worried me for years as to why I was allowed to see it. A common man like me, un-educated, why was I, just a common man, allowed to see such a marvelous manifestation of Gods power? One day, I was taking my hoe to hoe some corn, something said, “Stop in the shade of that tree and rest a little.” This just came to me and I thought I would. I stopped and this was given to me...I prayed incessantly for an answer as to why I was privileged to see that resurrection. I was told why. When the child was buried there, it was in time of war, or it was winter and the ground was too frozen to dig. No tools for a deep grave, they just planted that little body as deep as they could under the circumstances. The sorrowing mother knew it was such a shallow grave, she cried out to those around, “that shallow grave, the first beasts around will smell it, dig her up and scatter her to the four winds, etc.” A Nephite or Jaredite holding the priesthood, said, “When ever that body is uncovered or disturbed, the Lord will raise her up and she will live.”

            Since then I have taken great comfort, cheer and consolation, no words to express it, that it was I who uncovered that little body and saw so great a miracle. I just can’t tell this without crying.

If you fit this (take this for ignorance):
some jackass descendant dosen’t some day begin showing their great knowledge on a mission or in school or college, of course people would take it for ignorance.

Don't bother with the commentary.  If you are NOT having some form of this kind of experience, you are living your life wrong.  Figure it out, repent - and then get back to me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment