THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, July 29, 2016

EDUCATION AS THE LORD ENVISIONED IT

I am always amazed at how things kind of show up at the perfect time.  When I have been at a loss as to what to do for people who have to send their kids to public schools with way-askew value sets, we have the CES gearing up to do their own thing.

I mean, how do you address your 2nd grader learning in public screwels how to masturbate or learning the details of gay sex??  These children of hell are clearly going into "millstone about the neck" territory.  And on a parental level - "grab the baseball bat and clean a few clocks" level.  Maybe it is just me - but I like to guard my kids' innocence from freakish family members who have chucked common sense to the curb - or from screwel people who have taken the liberal agenda to a whole new level and want to corrupt the new generation; making the new generation of people "twice the children of hell that they are".

God will only be mocked so much - and then the hammer drops.  My instincts tell me that we are close.  This is why we are commanded to study the scriptures -
  • First, to receive a witness of their truthfulness.  
  • Second - while reading them, we receive personal revelation about what we need to focus on (repent of, modify in our lives).  
  • Third - we simply learn where the lines are in the eternal realms; what bounds God has placed on us and on those that He has taken down when they have crossed those bounds.  I look for patterns - the patterns of those who chose to push the limits and "tempt" the Lord their God - and failed.
Some people live their lives that way - seeing what the bare minimum is that they can get away with - and pushing the limits.  I am the opposite - I ask what I can do to put me as close to target as I can get in the areas where it matters, when it matters.  In other words, optimize the experience for the best possible outcome for the fam and I.  Those who constantly seek the edge, will experience the "gravity" of their situation one day.  You cannot always tempt fate and not find out what it has to offer......

After all that rambling, here is the article that got me to thinking:

http://ldsmag.com/education-as-the-early-prophets-saw-it/

And one last thought.  When it comes to scripture, this blog is my journal/"scripture".  Kind of a record of how I think for my posterity.  In reading it, my progeny will know what made their ancestor tick.  And, if they find something useful, it will help them understand who they are when they hit their late teens/20's and go through that self-discovery/searching phase.

Maybe looking back to these trying times, they will be in awe at what we had to go thru (after things are made aright in the Millennium) and the trash is kicked to the curb.

1 comment:

  1. Iraq, just wondering how you would handle it and how you would treat you child if they told you they were gay and if they brought home a boy/girl friend?

    ReplyDelete