THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

THE NEW PROVO (DOWNTOWN) TEMPLE!!

That building was my old Stake Building when I was a young newlywed at BYU living on the south side of Provo!

I drove through Provo the day or two after it burned down.  I almost died trying to get from Montana down to Provo with two of my girls in the car in the worst blizzard conditions I have ever experienced - and the only time I have EVER chained my front wheel drive car (or any other car I have ever owned) up in my life.   I had even had the best snow tires put on before that trip that money can buy and I still could not navigate in those conditions.  I will never forget that trip - nor the shock of looking at the beautiful old building smoldering in ruins a few days later.

Now, she has arisen again.  I am almost as excited about this temple as I was about the Nauvoo Temple open house we flew out for.  More than what she is physically, is what she will provide as far as inspiration to many who will learn saving truths within her walls.  All of the fairy-book weddings that will happen there.  I just love a happy ending to a near-tragedy.  Things always seem to work out for the best!

http://www.ldsliving.com/Interior-Photos-Provo-City-Center-Temple/s/80971

Enjoy the pics!

Maybe a quick run down to Provo after Spring Conference will be in order.  Gas is cheap - I smell a road trip coming on!

1 comment:

  1. SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I remember well when it burned too! Nice recovery for the building and scary blizzard story! Thanks for the post!!

    ReplyDelete