THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, January 1, 2016

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ENDURED FALSE ALLEGATIONS - BEARING FALSE WITNESS BRINGS SPIRITUAL DEATH

We just read this for scrips tonight.

I have endured my fair share of allegations against me in my relatively short life.  From the tax man, to immediate family, to a work situation (I found a glitch the hard way in FAA-approved software and after I had cleared my name, a contract engineer ended up getting fired over his role that I was mistaken in) and so much else.  I do not go looking for trouble - it seems to find me.  It is part of the deal.  When I was put in this compromising situation at work, and I fought to clear my name, part of the stipulations that I placed on two of my managers was that there would be no retaliatory action against me for lowering the boom on them for not acting in my interests to clear my name - for throwing me "under the bus" so to speak in a highly political situation.  In a declining situation where cuts may have to be made, I told my manager that any action along those lines would have to involve transferring me from his group to another and then cutting me loose in order to keep that original agreement intact from four years ago.

It is not fun - but, it is one of those tests you have to pass if you are to become a "just 'man' made holy".  It is just part of the deal.  It is part of the patience of those who would like to be called Saints - but you must endure it in patience and faith in order to pass the test.  A forgiving and charitable heart is key - as Joseph showed in the case of W.W. Phelps.

Here is a description of Joseph Smith, who has gone through the monster test.  Many have called him out for having more than one wife - that which Abraham and so many other greats embarked in, including Jesus himself.  I remind people that when they are busily calling Joseph out, they are also calling out Abraham and Jesus and so many other good men (and women who were inspired to follow a heavenly call in the day).

The commandment to not bear false witness, I have always blown off as a pretty insignificant one until I became an adult and realized how serious it can be.  When things are serious, sometimes people end up in jail.  Lives can be ruined.  Thankfully, I have never gotten into that kind of a situation.  If I were ever to bring a charge against someone, I would do so only under the most somber of circumstance for this very reason.  Both Jesus and Joseph were wont to trod in shark infested waters.  It was simply their nature - and their test.  The tests always match the stature of the man - or woman.

Section 121:
 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.
 10 Thou art not yet as Job; thy friends do not contend against thee, neither charge thee with transgression, as they did Job.
 11 And they who do charge thee with transgression, their hope shall be blasted, and their prospects shall melt away as the hoar frost melteth before the burning rays of the rising sun;
 12 And also that God hath set his hand and seal to change the times and seasons, and to blind their minds, that they may not understand his marvelous workings; that he may prove them also and take them in their own craftiness;
 13 Also because their hearts are corrupted, and the things which they are willing to bring upon others, and love to have others suffer, may come upon themselves to the very uttermost;
 14 That they may be disappointed also, and their hopes may be cut off;
 15 And not many years hence, that they and their posterity shall be swept from under heaven, saith God, that not one of them is left to stand by the wall.
 16 Cursed are all those that shall lift up the heel against mine anointed, saith the Lord, and cry they have sinned when they have not sinned before me, saith the Lord, but have done that which was meet in mine eyes, and which I commanded them.

 17 But those who cry transgression do it because they are the servants of sin, and are the children of disobedience themselves.
 18 And those who swear falsely against my servants, that they might bring them into bondage and death—
 19 Wo unto them; because they have offended my little ones they shall be severed from the ordinances of mine house.
 20 Their basket shall not be full, their houses and their barns shall perish, and they themselves shall be despised by those that flattered them.
 21 They shall not have right to the priesthood, nor their posterity after them from generation to generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment