THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, July 10, 2014

THE CURSE OF IDLENESS

All I can say is:  Amen.

Idleness is the opposite of the Law of Consecration.  Expecting to get something for everything you do will stamp out the spirit of giving.  Giving freely of our time, talents and energies ignites the spirit of giving which is the spark of Consecrated Living.

We have lost that spirit within the Church - to the point that most of the farms have been shut down.  I remember, as a kid, in the early 70's being asked to go work on the Church farm.  It was an assignment.  It was done freely as a service to others.  Now, people expect something with no expectation of giving.  It is wrong.  If we expect to make it thru what is coming, we must have this spirit of giving freely (for the joy and sake of giving) about us.  That is the millennial spirit.

Here is what inspired me from a FB buddy:

"There is a spirit growing in the world today to avoid giving service, an unwillingness to give value received, to try to see how little we can do and how much we can get for doing it. This is all wrong. Our spirit and aim should be to do all we possibly can, in a given length of time, for the benefit of those who employ us and for the benefit of those with whom we are associated.
The other spirit—to get all we can, and give as little as possible in return—is contrary to the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ."
-Heber J. Grant, Gospel Standards, 108
President Grant also said, "I desire to call attention to a statement by President Brigham Young:
“My experience has taught me, and it has become a principle with me, that it is never any benefit to give out and out, to man or woman, money, food, clothing, or anything else, if they are able-bodied and can work and earn what they need, when there is anything on earth for them to do. This is my principle and I try to act upon it. To pursue a contrary course would ruin any community in the world and make them idlers.” [See Discourses of Brigham Young, 274.]
And what would ruin a community would ruin a state, and I might incidentally remark, a nation also."
-Conference Report, Oct. 1936
Here's the reference to Brigham's quote: http://jod.mrm.org/11/291

No comments:

Post a Comment