THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, November 12, 2012

MORE ON UTAH GEOLOGY

This in from a comment on a previous article:

This is pretty heavy stuff :( My question is this: What will it look like in Herriman UT? According to out Stake Pres, he's always told our stake that Herriman will be a place of refuge. We have even been given a survey asking us how many people could we help house in case of an emergency? He also has told our stake that he knows he will live to see the saviors return. (He's in his 70's now) As a young mother, this stuff really frightens me. "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear" One can only be so prepared and let's face it...the unknown is always frightening. 

No one knows what it will look like and when it will be.   The best description I have seen is what Spencer had to say on the matter.   He seems to corroborate what I have had to say on the matter of the Draper Temple (when commenting on what Serenitylala said) that there will be great destruction down on that end of the valley and on the Point of the Mountain.  How would something like that massive gravel bar get there?  I have stared at that and puzzled for years and come to the conclusion that something weird happened.  At "the pass" that railroad, river and freeways pass thru to move into Utah County, there is/was a huge area of upheaval.  All you have to do is look at the topography to "feel" what happened there years ago.  I am grateful there will be great destruction in the pass area to destroy the facility they are putting in there in the NDAA and guise of national security.  Much of the destruction that is coming is to utterly wipe that stuff out and return us to a state of national sanity we had in decades and centuries past.  It will be a different state of nation, but it will revert to all that was right from our past, omitting the sins and wrongs that were not corrected when the chance was available.

Where there are block faults such as in Davis County - just up from that big amusement park - you will see that the faults were pulling the land mass apart.  Where there are "puffy" hills/hillocks (little geologic features that look like pillows) or escarpments, there has been some form of previous geologic disturbance.  The best way to know what you are looking for is to scour the net for pictures of escarpments.  The stuff around the canyons and benches on the east side of the valleys is freaky.  I also would never live in Magna.  The dikes of the siltation ponds from the Bingham mine will fail in a big shaker and you will get what you had happen in Europe a few summers ago.  Massive destruction of anything close as billions of gallons of acrid water and mud spill out.  Where the foothills are flat anywhere west of the Jordan River, I would say is good.  Flat is good, generally speaking.

The best resource for this kind of info is here (I have spent hours there a decade ago pondering over that until I felt I had a good feel for things - and then ran into Sarah Menet/Gail and now Spencer who have confirmed what I have "seen"):  http://geology.utah.gov/utahgeo/hazards/index.htm#recenthazards

You can fast/pray and then jump in.  If we were all that good (I am nowhere close to that level due to pride and personal sin and lack of striving), we would be able to ask the question, and then after asking/seeking diligently, we would find in the form of a vision or a clear direction given as a witness from the Holy Ghost in response to a question.  That is the kind of stuff we will have as a Terrestrial people after we have been "tuned" by virtue of what we will go through (if we make it through the first gate, to begin with).

I will do a piece that is a long time in coming about the ultimate survival living in order to survive flooding/earthquaking disaster modes.  Most people will laugh at me - but my daughter brought it to my attention - and I have since come to the conclusion that she was spot on. I am impressed with my oldest daughter because she is a real thinker and has a very good sense of the pulse of things around her.  Leaps and bounds ahead of where I was at that age.  If she can ever find a guy she is on par with, she will be quite the "gem" for the right guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment