THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, November 5, 2012

LARGE TEMPLE DOORS

If you go to most any older North American temple in the Church that I have been to, at least (except the newer Vancouver, BC temple if my memory serves me correctly), you will find that the doors are large - wide and tall.  Many have panels above them that could easily be removed and the existing 7'0" or 7'6" tall doors could be replaced or modified into 8 or 9 foot tall doors.  The structural headers above them are at the 9' or 10' levels.  Mods to the doors would be easy without having to make extensive structural changes to the door frames and associated structure for the floors above.

I have thought about this alot.  Was it for door weight - to keep it low?  Was it for decoration?  Was it for the future when we would co-exist with a large people?  I have a tape in my possession that was put together by the Logan Temple Historian that talks about the large Nephite warriors that showed up at the Logan Temple when they were under assault by US Federal Marshals who were trying to sniff out the records of the polygamists in the valley so they could incarcerate them.  True to form, these are very large individuals - the Book of Mormon artwork showing them as mighty men (in stature) is correct and the larger of them are 2.5-3.0 meters tall.  So it will be with the Ten Tribes who return from the north - very large people.  There have been few wars among the 10 tribes where the large men of reknown were sent out to fight on behalf of entire armies - reducing the breeding stock to the short, old and decrepit and reducing the average height of the population over time.  When these come, nothing will be able to stop them.  I expect that attempts will be made, too.

I will share that tape (one of the top 10 gems in my possession) once I figure out how to get the cabling and software to take it from analog to a digital .wav file via USB?  If anyone knows how to do it cheaply, that would be great.  I would appreciate the help.  Thanks in advance!  And you will LOVE that tape - I promise.  When I was Priest's Quorum Advisor around 15 years ago, I decided to invite the whole YM/YW organization over to our house for a Bishop's fireside - our living and dining room was packed.  We had some kind of devotional and then listened to the tape for 45 minutes straight and there was little or no disruption by the youth - they were pretty riveted on it.  It is that good - and I still consider that some kind of record for attention span for that age group.

1 comment:

  1. try this all you may need is a rca plug to a male line in depending on your current computer soundcard, and if you have some recording software. there are free softwares or a trial version may do for a one time use.Do you have a stereo cassette deck?

    http://www.wikihow.com/Transfer-Cassette-Tape-to-Computer

    ReplyDelete