THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

DESTRUCTION IN UTAH COUNTY

In a previous post, I talked of what I have "seen" based on that vague sensation I get when reading some data on a certain place.  I talked about what will happen to SLC and the Temple before the John Pontius conference, where Spencer was able to confirm what I have "seen" in my mind's eye after pondering.  Here is that link:

http://woodyoubelieveit.blogspot.com/2012/06/entire-cities-swallowed-in-earth.html

As I stated in that earlier blog piece, the SL Temple will largely remain intact - this I largely believe due to the intervention of heaven and due to a statement by Brigham Young that it would last into the Millennium.  When Brigham spoke, it was done.  He was not a perfect man/prophet, but God has honored him.  That temple remaining erect, even though, according to Spencer, there will be at the very least, a collapsed parking garage (built to Zone 5 standards) and the area up around the UofU will be a jumble.  Why would he state that the area will be so disrupted that it takes literally days to trek several miles?  There will be massive block faulting of the rocky ground in that area, plus liquefaction of much of the rest of it that is largely alluvial.  Entire portions of buildings will be up to their eaves, or worse.  The inhabitants that carry the homosexual agenda and who are at variance to the Kingdom of God will perish completely as a relief to those who remain.  There will be no water or gas or power because one massive disruption in one area like the alphabet streets, will bring the whole system down.

This is what I will understand about Utah Valley from what I have "seen" since I was there in the early 1990's - and from what I have read and had a witness of:

 - There will be a failure of both dams up the Provo Canyon.  The wall of water exiting the mouth of the canyon will be 80' tall.
 - That wall of water will be 10-20' deep in the Provo Tabernacle area.  Thankfully, the mouth of the canyon acts as a choke point, slowing the water and reducing the amount of destruction in the valley as it fans out.
-  Under such extreme shaking, rock flows like water and there will be massive loss of life on the benches and where alluvial fans spread out from canyon entrances.  The Provo Temple is built on the alluvial fan of Rock Canyon and I do not believe its built to seismic Zone 5 standards.  I am not sure if recent codes will do any good, even if they were utilized.  There are certain things that can be done (from the arm of flesh standpoint), in order to make structures work in Utah's alluvial soils.  They are cost-prohibitive and rely on the shear strengths of pilings and their attach points to the building foundations - which you simply cannot design for in a 10.0-style shaker.
- The BYU-Provo campus will be affected.  The Maeser building in the SW finger that juts out will slough off and that building will be lost.  The area of the old stadium (new practice fields) will slough off.  I am not sure about the Tanner Building - the place where my wife and I fell in love at our first dance..... :(  The area by the new Chemistry building on the south end of campus will be damaged.  Not sure what will happen to the Marriot Center.  I saw the data they used to design the trusses for that building in a guest engineering lecture.  It was crude and it was built to early 1970's standards.  I would not hold much hope for it.  I think the MTC might be just fine if it is like it was in the late 1980's.  There is so much repenting, learning and striving going on there that it is on par with a Terrestrial existence.  The Spirit is amazing there and will warrant some kind of protection, I am sure.  I think it will need it.  There is alot of structural brick used in Utah - it baffles me.  Do folks not see what is coming - and build accordingly??
-  There apparently, will be a mountain thrust up from the lake bed where Utah Lake is right now.  I wonder about the folks out in Eagle Mountain - but I get the feeling they will be relatively okay.  As okay as anyone will be within a 1000 miles of there including my posse up in Montana.
-  The Point of the Mountain will melt as the entire alluvial "sand/gravel bar" and the existing broken hills on either side flow like water.  It will lose at least 100' in elevation.
-  Citing John Koyle, there will be large disruptions to the south of the valley in Payson.  I back that.  There is a massive east/west fault line from Mt. Nebo over to Eureka.  Gold and silver/lead deposits are found typically where the east/west fault lines meet the north/south fault lines.  Do an overlay of the topo data and the mineral sites in Utah.  Its very obvious.
- According to Sarah Menet, there will be a large displacement of the water from the GSL and the fountains of the deep.  The same will happen for Utah Lake.  It will be a freakish scene.

Pleasant Grove has alot of un-"Pleasant" things going on there in their "Groves".  I just did a piece on SRA - and that place is a hot bed for it.  I have heard so much, it makes me sick.  I expect Timp will do something amazing and large portions of it will be buried.  You couldn't catch me within 10 miles of that place.

There have been alot of people congregating south of Utah County down into the Manti area - many good, many freakishly weird.  Something has got to give down there.  As I drove most of the mountain valleys during my college days, I had considered buying an old red brick pioneer home in Spring City and retro-fitting it with a steel frame on the inside for seismicity.  Now I am not so sure that would have been a good idea.

Tomorrow, I will put my thoughts down on the areas north of SLC.  I want to hurry and record these before I read the book and am biased by what Spencer has seen.  I then can compare the two versions and see if they are close.

UPDATE:  I just read a comment on this book and realize that Spencer may have given a key to timing which has dogged me for some time...... when do the Utah/West Coast earthquakes happen. I have always heard fall (Day of Atonement - I presume) and then the Spring, as well.   I just assumed it was disparate data that would need a "coin toss" to parse out.  Apparently, the EQs are not at the same time with the Utah one preceding the West Coast one.  That "feels good to me" (from a doctrinal standpoint - as Utah and the higher concentrations of LDS will be judged first as the "cleanse" begins in the Lord's house first).  This is good news for the "coasties" - it will provide a clear sign to get off the coast - when I see the destruction there, I am done with my coastal experience, I guess.  I would surmise that the reason the refugees head for the hills, is that Utah is back on her feet, relatively speaking and those who survive the shaking and tsunami on the coast are able to see a clear way to save themselves, temporally speaking.

2 comments:

  1. So in your opinion...is there anywhere good in Utah? I'm in Utah County, Orem area. My husband worries all the time about where we live, but employment keeps us here. East Orem has the proximity to the dam breaking issues, and west Orem has Utah Lake. How far up into East Orem do they expect the wall of water to get from the dams breaking? Any idea? What about places like Springville? My copy of Spencer's book gets here Tuesday! Always enjoy your openness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good question...I live in Riverton (along 11800 S and 3200 West)...was wondering that same thing as you...if you're still following this thread let me know what you think now (1 year after you put up your comment). Thx

      Delete