THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, October 21, 2016

THE STRIDENT WARNING AND THEN FUTURE WARNING MUST FIT THE CRIME

I had a conversation with my daughter last night.  She sees me mostly as just one big teddy bear - and that I am.  She has also seen me as a ferocious defender of what is good and right.  Two seeming juxtaposed personality traits.  Indeed.

My answer to that is this:  People ask my why I can appear harsh at times.... I remind them that I am no more harsh than the natural consequences that will be required of them when the piper asks for payment. The punishment or warning of wrongdoing must be as strident as the possible outcome of a poor action.  If I have a child that is about to take a step off into a vat of hydrochloric acid, thinking (in their simple view of things) that it is a mere lap pool of water, I will warn them with the most strident of warnings and vigorously try to steer them clear, just as God did Cain over his mal-intended offering.  If thou doest well...... 

I have a very unique gift - in that every time that I have embarked down the path of sin (or I have seen a loved one go there), I can literally see the extrapolation of that act down to it's final conclusion in my mind's eye.  The ripples thru eternity, so to speak.  This occasionally applies to large life decisions - the biggest being the marriage to my wife and each time we consequently had a child.  I could literally see a ball rolling that got bigger and bigger and did not stop until it filled the immensity - the same promise given to Abraham and to Joseph, my progenitor.  It was not Jacob's Ladder, but Iraq's Ball.....

I have had this predisposition towards premonitions since I was a kid - and I have learned to rely on it.  I am not sure if it is the HG warning - and if others have this - or if it is just me.  But I can see the outcome of literally every poor decision I make.  That does not mean I avoid every pitfall in life - just those that I make willfully - or that my children, spouse, extended family do.  Mostly those I have stewardship over.  So, having this, I warn stridently (as I do on this blog).  I have since I was told to in that remarkable manner in the temple.  If I do not do it - I will be held accountable.  I can only imagine the burden a Prophet must feel on this matter.

Anyway - I have always been able to see and "feel" future outcomes.  When my "alarm" goes off, I let it rip.  Other than that, I am just a big, over-stuffed teddy bear.

This is what got me thinking - from FB-Rhonda:

You, like I, have likely heard people scornfully asking how "gay marriage" (an oxymoron, see the 1828 definition of marriage, which I endorse, to see why)
is going to bring the destruction of society. Here are four reasons why "a society which permits anything will eventually lose everything!" (Neal A. Maxwell)

One- the recent related court rulings show that the government has gone from being a referee, to a participant, to a self-declared majority. This does not bode well.
Two- it undermines the most basic institution of society, the family. The only way two homosexuals can have children is through the miracles of science or through the misfortune of others, leading to adoption options. Homosexuality is a predatory thing. G. K. Chesterton observed that only people to whom the family is sacred will ever have a standard by which to criticize the State, because “they alone can appeal to something more holy than the gods of the city.” (Everlasting Man, Image Books, 1955, p. 143.)
Three- God, absolute truths, eventual accountability to Him, and natural consequences all exist. “Without the Faith, one is free, and that is a pleasant feeling at first. There are no questions of conscience, no constraints. … It is only later that the terror comes. One is free—but free in chaos, in an unexplained and unexplainable world. One is free in a desert, from which there is no retreat but inward, toward the hollow core of oneself.” (Morris West, The Devil’s Advocate, New York: William Morrow Co., 1959.)
Four- it is the ultimate in an attempt at value-free living, which ends in societal self-destruction:
“When men cease to aspire to the ideal, the good, to self-restraint—whether in their hearts or in their lives—they do not just stand still, but actually turn the other way, finding self-fulfillment in self-indulgence, and in … those three ultimate expressions of the totally self-centered life: sex, violence, and insanity.” (Christopher Booker, 'Trousered Apes', pp. 14–15.)
"Value-free experimentation is extremely costly—both in terms of money and of souls, and it creates what has been called the worst slum of all—the slum of the human spirit, for many students and citizens are starved for earned self-esteem. A standardless society will also find itself deaf to the costly lessons of history. Winston Churchill chose as a stern warning motto for his concluding volume of the history of World War II these words: “How the Great Democracies Triumphed, and so Were able to Resume the Follies Which Had so Nearly Cost Them Their Life.” (Triumph and Tragedy, Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co., 1953.) A value-free society focuses upon things like “me” and “now”—it has little sense of history out of which to fashion the future. If nothing lies ahead of men, how vital is memory? A healthy regard for the past is usually accompanied by a healthy regard for the future; and a lack of one usually means the lack of the other.
"But how can a society set priorities if there are no basic standards? Are we to make our calculations using only the arithmetic of appetite?
"A society not based upon key values like loving our neighbor will inevitably subsidize selfishness and will place a premium upon an apostate form of individualism at the expense of community." (Neal A. Maxwell, 'The Prohibitive Costs of a Value-Free Society)

An address given to Salt Lake City Rotarians, 7 February 1978
lds.org|By Neal A. Maxwell
 

1 comment:

  1. One of the natural consequences of going against traditional marriage and pushing for unnatural relations is the fact that STDs reached a record high last year.

    Here's some excerpts from the CDC's website:

    "Total combined cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis reported in 2015 reached the highest number ever, according to the annual Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance Report released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)."

    The "CDC estimates STD cases cost the U.S. healthcare system nearly $16 billion each year."

    "Young people and gay and bisexual men continue to face the greatest risk of becoming infected with an STD, and there continue to be troubling increases in syphilis among newborns."

    "Men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for the majority of new gonorrhea and P&S syphilis cases (82 percent of male cases with known gender of sex partner). Antibiotic-resistant gonorrhea may be higher among MSM."

    "Women’s rate of syphilis diagnosis increased by more than 27 percent from 2014 to 2015"

    http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/2016/std-surveillance-report-2015-press-release.html

    Unfortunately, the government and most people ignore the best preventative services there are: keep God's commandments. This includes traditional marriage, instead of legalizing and even encouraging perversions. The "wisdom of man" seems to think natural consequences can be avoided.

    As the post above states, the cost of a value-free society--the setting aside of God and his standards--is and will be high. It is a key factor that is leading our nation into destruction.

    ReplyDelete