THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, June 14, 2013

RELEASING ONESELF FROM SPIRITUAL BONDAGE

I love human nature.  I love to observe how God interacts with His children.  I love to see them guided carefully by Him back to the path that they should be on.

I just awoke from a dream - a terrible dream - that indicated the path two loved ones who are straying will take.  This journey we call life is one where we are given scenarios that will help us fill our greatest measure and learn the most.  If we learn nothing and are coddled on our journey, the purposes of this mortal probation have been foiled and all is naught.

One that I am very close to just completed a difficult journey back from a dangerous place.  One where an arrogant statement was made about Joseph Smith over twenty years ago.  One where he was placed on trial for attitudes and actions that he was not guilty of.  I defended the character of the Prophet of this Final Dispensation mightily and then sat back and watched helplessly as the 20 years of sorrow ensued.  I have come full circle and am now back in the physical place where it all began.  I was able in my mind's eye to see the sorrows (not necessarily the actual events - but the magnitude of the events required to go thru to right a single statement or argument made so many years ago).  Attitudes changed to a more humble and penitent state.  All knees bowed and tongues confessing the original sin of 20 years ago.  This life is a hard master - a difficult thing and we can waste so much time and so much energy unless we pursue that course on our knees.  If we avoid the detours that cause us to stray from original paths that God has placed us upon.

Sometimes, we impale ourselves in pride.  Sometimes we drown in the waters of wickedness.  Sometimes we think we are at a higher vantage point than those who have been set over us and seek to counsel them instead of taking counsel.  In those instances, our folly is made manifest and our works at the strengths of our own hands vanish and we perish in the mists of darkness.  Life and the school of hard knocks is a cruel master.  God watches from a distance and is patient - until we learn the difficult thing and come around.  In the end, He always wins.  There is no shortcut to Perfection.  There is no back door.  There is only one at the gate and the way is narrow.  But the journey can be easy and the yoke light - if we follow good principle and avoid the pitfalls of pride.

I was recounting the number of times today to a family member, that terrible things have happened to those around me who have blasphemed the name of God and those whom He has chosen.  I have seen four people die in order to bring about God's purposes among those that have blasphemed His name and the name of His servants.  Sometimes, we must learn if only by the things we must suffer.  I believe we just crossed over the point of no return yesterday for this nation.  The sorrows that we will pass through cannot be fathomed.  No mortal words are capable of describing the horrors that we will see and experience.  Not a single person will be immune from witnessing the gut-wrenching effects - although, through our actions, we CAN be free from the blood and sins of this generation.  For this reason, I open my mouth.  I know the personal cost if I do not. D&C 88: 80-107

I was recently commuting on the train and sat next to a woman who had just been through horrific things - whose husband was just released from prison after incarceration for beating her.  He had gotten into meth and then she succombed to it.  She had just gotten out of rehab.  I told her she needs to strengthen herself and then prepare for what is coming.  She did not want to hear the message - but I was prompted to raise my voice just enough so others could hear and a young lady anxiously asked for the address to the blog so she could find out more about what is coming.  Thankfully, a few are still awake and not slumbering.

If you are awake, open your mouth.  Along with tithing, it will be a means of physical salvation for you.  God will only keep the choicest branches for grafting after the fire.  For those who are spirited and rebellious, they will be cast into the fire.  The time is short, there will be no redemption once the die is set and the refiner casts the final scene.  Time is short - the time is short.  Do not harden your hearts - but be believing, patient and faithful and you will shortly have your reward.

1 comment:

  1. A very good post today. I will have to say I feel a little worn out these days and discouraged. I feel like a little boy waiting for the wrath of father coming home. Some day I may come face to face with God and the men who made this country. I fear that day! It is as though we took dad's Ferrari out for a test drive a totally trashed it.

    The gift this country and this people (I include myself) have utterly trashed is hard to look at right now. I fear what God is about to do and only hope he will spare my family. I feel as though I haven't tried hard enough to fix what is wrong. Just like I would not know how to fix a trashed out Ferrari. I have no clue what to do with our trashed out constitution. All I can do is mourn the death of what was once a great country. It's only a matter of time now.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete