THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

ENTERTAINING ANGELS UNAWARES

Many good people who are faithful will have this opportunity as a test of their character and also to see if they can feel the Spirit in their lives.  Those who pass these angelic tests will be given further light and knowledge or a special blessing they have been seeking.

This story (not mine), follows a certain M.O. for the angels.  Usually are dirty or not comely such that they would be rejected by the large majority of society due to lacking social norms.  This is done on purpose to see if you have a charitable heart and are able to hear the subtle whisperings of the Spirit.

Here is the interesting story - and I hope to be able to one day experience this "phenomenon".  If you do, never cease to help those who appear to be in need:



I do not remember how old I was, but it was in our first ward so I had to be younger than 9. We lived in Midvale - I can't remember the stake or ward. I was young, so my memory isn't too great on what happened but my parents tell it like this: There were two men not dressed in traditional Sunday-attire that looked dirty standing in the foyer (is that what they call it?) and were talking with a member of the bishopric. My mother went over and began talking with them. They told her that they live in the mountains in tents and came down to visit and to eat. My mother felt so good talking with them and invited them to come to our house to eat. Later that day, they knocked on the door and when my mother opened the door to them the Spirit confirmed to her that they were angels. My mother wept and hugged them. They sat down and my mother served them dinner. For some reason, I remember the dinner very well. We had corn on the cob. One of them looked up at me and smiled. I can remember his face very well. They left shortly after. My mother and I are the only ones that remember their faces and we always talk about how nice it would be to see them again.

1 comment:

  1. I had a moment like this not to very long ago. I failed the test miserably and the tears that I shed were bitter indeed. I was in the parking lot of a Kroger grocery store. I saw this young man, a child maybe of 14 or so. I saw him walk my way i looked at him and I saw him bend down and tie his shoe and I remember thinking to myself Oh boy, I hope he doesn't come over to me I don't have any money to give. He stood back up and started slowly to come to me. He truly looked homeless with tattered clothes and extremely worn out shoes. He was very unkept and smelled horrific. It was obvious he was homeless or something. No one can fake that look or smell. He told me his family and him were in a car and they needed gas. I told him I didn't have any money and he walked on. I had a 20.00 dollar bill in my purse. Where I live many are walking up to people in gas stations asking for money saying they ran out of gas and can't get back to where they live. So, of course, him saying he was needing gas made me leary. When I told him no, he moved on. Well, in a matter of about 3 seconds I swiftly in my mind said to myself. It doesn't matter if he does drugs or whatever he does. You waste twenty dollars. No one can fake or make up that look or smell. He is just a child and maybe he is hungry. Give him the whole 20.00. In 3 seconds I looked behind me to give him the money and he was gone. I drove everywhere to find that child to give him that money and he simply disappeared into thin air!!! He was no longer anywhere to be found. No one disappears in a big grocery store parking lot in 3 seconds. I cried and I prayed begging God to forgive me for my sin, judgement and selfishness. To think about it even now causes the tears to flow. I screwed up big time! I can only hope the Lord will forgive me. Oh that I could go back and relive that moment. It goes to show that I have SO VERY FAR TO GO, and didn't realize until it was to late what was standing before me.

    ReplyDelete