THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

AN OBJECTIVE VIEW

I cannot help but listen to the words of this song which talk of longing for a simpler time when there is no captivity in Israel.  When the people no longer are in danger of judgment due to their lack of obedience and diligence.  I begin to "fly" outside myself and view myself (my LDS culture) from that perspective and wonder how we have strayed as a people - how I have strayed as an individual.

I think of how the people of the day of Jesus breezed right past him and had no clue that they had overlooked the greatest being to walk this earth.  They had a temple, they had ecclestiastical leaders; though there was a hunger in the land as the words of the leaders of the day rung hollow and their thirst was not satiated after drinking to a tight belly.  These people who were not satiated in the meeting places of Jerusalem found themselves in dusty fields, far outside the walled city seeking knowledge and Priesthood power from those who possessed it - John and others including Jesus.

So, where are we at today?  Many feel an impending pall hanging over the Church.  Many recognize that the membership is not doing enough as we slip into the statistical abyss of worldliness - our numbers matching those of Babylon only a few short years afterwards.  Will we feel similar to the Jews after we have been occupied, our homes ruined, our autonomy evaporated, many of our leaders gone.  How sad will our song of longing for Zion be?  It will be interesting to witness.  Interesting indeed!

Here is another rendition of "O Come Thou Emmanuel":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vatvUREAPY0&feature=player_detailpage

No comments:

Post a Comment