THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

BUTTER AND HONEY AND GREAT TREASURES OF KNOWLEDGE

Sometimes you hear something a thousand times and it doesn't click for you - until wham!

Sunday, there was an excellent talk about the prophecies leading up to Christ's birth.  I received several points of personal revelation during that talk and know it was from God for the attendant Holy Ghost.

One scripture that jumped out at me (and called others to remembrance), was Isaiah 7:15:

         Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

The thing that struck me was the lack of mention of meat in that diet (from a four legged animal).  I then remembered the diet of John the Baptist - locusts and honey.  Basically, a form of protein energy not related to the taking of the life of an animal and a form of nearly pure energy in the form of honey.

I then remembered about Daniel and the story of not eating the King's meat - and how he had special knowledge given to him.

Then I remembered the promise of Doctrine and Covenants Section 89:

12 Yea, aflesh also of bbeasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used csparingly;
 13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be aused, only in times of winter, or of cold, or bfamine.

 18 And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, ashall receive bhealth in their navel and marrow to their bones;
 19 And shall afind bwisdom and great ctreasures of dknowledge, even hidden treasures;
 20 And shall arun and not be bweary, and shall walk and not faint.
 21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the adestroying angel shall bpass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.
Did not each of them find great treasures of knowledge - keys, if you will, to knowing how to choose the good over the evil?  I call that the gift of discernment....  For many people, this gift is not such an easy thing.

Do we not need the amazing promise in our lives of the destroying angel passing over us in the hour of destruction that surely will come upon this nation and the earth?

I DO NOT advocate being a vegan - I simply think that I would not have enough B-12 in my diet without my red meat (many of those who are vegan, I find have mental illness related to not having sufficient B-12 in their diet.)  But, I would never eat it every day - as I think the ancients somehow knew that the over-consumption of it dulls the senses and violates the essence of the promises of Section 89.  I also believe that the blood of every beast shall the Lord require at my hands in the judgment - thus the reason I thank the Lord for the life of the animal when we do eat meat at our table:
 11 And surely, blood shall not be shed, only for meat, to save your lives; and the blood of every beast will I require at your hands. 
(CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE KNOWLEDGE.....)

Let me know what you think!




3 comments:

  1. I have been reading about westen a price's research on the connection between cavities and narrow jaws, with nutrition. Third world counties that ate traditional foods had few cavities, and wide jaws, and straight teeth. . . With NO oral care not even brushing teeth.. . As soon as they changed to the S.A.D diet (standard american diet). . . Their teeth rotted, jaws narrowed, and other ailments followed. He hypothized that narrow jaws are a skeletal deformity caused by lack of naturally accuring vitamins and minerals. What did these people eat? Grass fed milk products, organ meats, broth from boiling bones, fish roe, grains that have been fermented (old world sour dough bread among other grain products). some tribes would walk hundreds of miles to catch and harvest fish roe for the pregnant women and the small children only.

    personally i find that i dont care for much animal protein in the spring and summer, i wish mostly for salads, wraps, and other cool or raw foods. . . In the fall and winter, i no longer desire raw fruits and veggies. . . Instead i crave stews and brothy soups, rich in beef or chicken, beans, lentils, cooked root veggies. I try to follow healthy cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so this post hits one of my trigger points, upon which I usually stay silent. However... this is the Wood Zone, so I will open my mouth.

    SO WHERE DO THE COWS AND THE GORILLAS AND ALL THE ANIMALS WE ARE KILLING FOR THEIR SUPPOSSED B-12 and PROTEIN CONTENT GETTING THESE SUBSTANCES IN THEIR OWN BODIES FOR WHICH WE ARE SLAUGHTERING THEM??!! Hello, alfalfa sprouts?? I highly recommend you read The Kitchen Garden by Steve Meyerowitz.

    I realized a long time ago that most Latter-day Saints do NOT want to live the Word of Wisdom as it is written out. Try telling any ward council or bishopric that you don't want the summer campout barbecue because of the Word of Wisdom and they will tell you that YOU are some crazy lunatic who is misinterpreting scripture. They will tell you that they can still get into the temple so what of eating meat in the summer then? I have had my children virulently castigated by primary teachers when they have pointed out what D&C 89:13 says, word for word, and that our family tries to follow it. We were particularly attacked for this personal family commitment while living in your stake, Iraq.

    I've been watching some of the Joseph Smith Papers video program on BYU-TV. According to them, the American diet at the time of Joseph's birth was mainly meat, meat and more meat. Many felt that fruits and vegetables contained no nutrition. Well... I don't think things have changed much from the tradition of our fathers... and there is yet a fearful prophecy to be fulfilled. (Rev 19:17-18, Jeremiah 19:9, Ezekiel 39:17-20)

    Until you have look an animal that you have raised from birth in they eye, at the moment that you are about to slaughter it, you will not comprehend what you are doing when you consume meat. Until you have toured a slaughterhouse, or watched the videos of the horrifying ways in which livestock live and die in America today, you will not understand. Try reading a few of Joel Salatin's books to get a general idea of why the farm scenes printed on all the store packaging are a great big huge lie. Go take a tour of Lower Valley Meats - which is humane, especially in comparison to the mega operations like Tyson - it's right there in the Flathead Valley, and go walk the path those animals walk, and stand in the room where they die... and you will never so casually eat meat again. The Church Film department that is producing the Bible Videos there outside of Goshen Utah is also raising cattle there for the people it feeds as part of Church welfare services. We saw them, up to their knees in mud, or was it poo? And we lived with the smell and the flies during filming which came because of the cows. The bottom line is that Americans and yes, Latter-day Saints, are guilty of eating far too much meat.

    My grandfather and my father raised us children to never, EVER, EVER waste meat. NEVER throw it away. An animal had to die to give it to you. I often wonder if our casual, nonchalant, entitlement-attitude treatment of meat also reflects our treatment of the Savior's Atonement. I, for one, believe it is connected. Few understand that during the Law of Moses, the animals sacrificed were slaughtered by the worshiper. We experience NONE of this, we are just as insulated from all the scenes of life and death as our plastic and foam wrapped meat is from us. I for one deeply believe that we will be held to account before the bar of God for EVERY animal to whose death we consented that we ourselves might have life. Oh be wise. What more can I say than this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. katie, that is really insightful. i have often wondered if the general authorities will ever focus on the health points of the w.o.w. . . i have read that a number of the early leaders were nearly vegitarian. i also agree that when you raise your own animals for food, that there is something very different about how you feel about the meat in the freezer. we raised heritage chickens, and after a few months we butchered the 8 roosters (first time ever to raise & butcher animals for food). we cook them, then simmer the bones for several days to gain as much from them as we can. it was a humbling experience for my and my 5 & 3 year old sons, to raise, feed, love, and the eat our birds.

    ReplyDelete