THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, December 22, 2012

COME THOU EMMANUEL!

I cannot wait to see the Mother of God - Mary. 

She, of all people, must be incredibly holy and wonderful.  I think the following video encapsulates her beauty and the urgency of the moment she brought the Son of God into the world.  I love the cinematography and the beam of light they chose to indicate Jesus was coming from Heaven into His tabernacle of clay.  It captures my strongly-held belief that the spirit enters the body upon taking the breath of life.  It would seem that what Spencer had to say, would support this concept.  I will share the experience my father had when my sister came into the world.  Fascinating, to say the least.

Here is what got me spun up - and filled with the Spirit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bPfdD3pBUig

And I feel to say:  Come Thou Emmanuel - and deliver us from our plight.

Here are the words to this tune that dredge up such strong emotion:

O come, O come, Emmanuel,
and ransom captive Israel,
that mourns in lonely exile here
until the Son of God appear.
Refrain:
Rejoice! Rejoice!
Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.


O come, thou Wisdom from on high,
who orderest all things mightily;
to us the path of knowledge show,
and teach us in her ways to go. Refrain

O come, thou Rod of Jesse, free
thine own from Satan's tyranny;
from depths of hell thy people save,
and give them victory over the grave. Refrain

O come, thou Dayspring, come and cheer
our spirits by thine advent here;
disperse the gloomy clouds of night,
and death's dark shadows put to flight. Refrain

O come, thou Key of David, come,
and open wide our heavenly home;
make safe the way that leads on high,
and close the path to misery. Refrain

O come, O come, great Lord of might,
who to thy tribes on Sinai's height
in ancient times once gave the law
in cloud and majesty and awe. Refrain

O come, thou Root of Jesse's tree,
an ensign of thy people be;
before thee rulers silent fall;
all peoples on thy mercy call. Refrain

O come, Desire of nations, bind
in one the hearts of all mankind;
bid thou our sad divisions cease,
and be thyself our King of Peace. Refrain

O come, O come, Emmanuel,
and ransom captive Israel,
that mourns in lonely exile here
until the Son of God appear. Refrain

Words: Latin, twelfth century;
trans. John Mason Neale (1818-1866), 1851 MIDI: Veni Emmanuel (fifteenth century plainsong)

2 comments:

  1. I am curious about how you came to feel that the soul enters at birth?

    I personally feel that there is more of a sliding scale of when it happens. . . With no proof to back it up, simply my own feelings on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also believe the spirit can come and go into the body, while the baby is in the womb. After being pregnant five times and noticing patterns of movement to our voices and music...and then when a friend shared an experience about when she related a conversation to her mom that she remembered. Her mom was incredulous that my friend could remember it, because it was a heated conflict between her mom and dad that only occurred once and her mom specifically remembered it was when she was about six months pregnant with my friend. My friend quoted to her mother very key components of the conversation, and no one else was around. There is no other way that my friend could have known about this conversation, except that she was there in utero.

    With the breath of life the spirit stays constantly in the body until death or a near death experience, but I believe in utero, the baby's spirit can come and go...kind of like a transition period, to get used to the body and what to except to some degree.

    ReplyDelete