THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

THE MOST SPIRITUAL EVENT OF MY LIFE - LOSING MY SON TO SIDS


Most posts to this blog are of a second coming nature - not personal - but this one was so huge and so impacting to me, I have to add something about it. This is a work in progress as I have more time. I literally could write a book on what my wife and I went through and still not get through it all.

On April 4th, 2002 at approx. 1:45am, our lives were changed forever when our little Dallin Jacob Wood was called home to prepare for what most of us will probably go through in our lifetimes. The massive influx of people into the Spirit World as the world goes through the massive upheavals that are soon to be upon us. While we are organized here and have much work to do for our temporal salvation, there is much that is going on "over there" that requires manpower, organization, and direction. This "seed blog entry" will get rather enormous as time goes on. I had an old friend from Facebook mention that her mother had died - a truly wonderful woman whose time it simply was to go home for a purpose few of us here might understand. Here is a note that I sent her:

Vicki,
I was sorry to hear about your mother. Without regular contact, I just assumed Victor and your mother were living out their lives. I saw your dad was on FB. I am sure it simply was her time to go - there is so much more going on over there than we can imagine. The work to redeem the human family is massive and accelerating beyond our comprehension as the millennium approaches.
I will not force it on you - and would be more than happy to pop a copy of that book (Life Everlasting) I mentioned in the mail - but it is a most amazing work. Death is really just a change of state to a greater and more exciting part of the adventure of our eternal life. Just let me know if you are interested in the book. Like I said, it is so good that I keep loaners around for interested people.
Yes, our little guy was called home around 9 months old and it really was supposed to happen. I was actually supposed to go home that year that he was taken home - and had known that since a few months before I came home from my mission. My wife just brushed me off as crazy when I turned 33 and would not follow my advice to seek out a life insurance policy big enough to take care of her and the kids if I were taken (her own father was taken in the Vietnam war and Shawna and her mother were left with few options). Notwithstanding the fact she didn't take me seriously, my wife had a premonition of impending death two weeks before Dallin's death and was literally allowed to choose that it not be me who was sent home on errand. Maybe a little hard to comprehend, but a true statement. My Grandpa Matheson, the old Cedar City Stake Patriarch was calling the shots from the other side and needed help. Off the charts wild - but we had three independent people in our family that had simultaneous manifestations within a day or two that confirmed it. I had an incredible 2 yr. mission by any stretch - similar to John H. Groberg's - but losing our little guy was THE most spiritually affirming thing that has ever happened to me/us. It was pretty hard on the oldest two kids, though. They were too young to fully comprehend what was going on.
I run a blog that has some pretty wild stuff like this in it and I just have not had the time to get the whole scenario down - but at some point, I will blog all of the incredible things that happened to us. I can honestly say that I know that God lives and there is an entire "situation" around us that most people simply do not comprehend or have an awareness of. The veil was very thin for months after he crossed over.
Anyway, sorry to get so deep but I just have to pass on the hope and insight I have gained.
Thanks for sharing about your mother - I wasn't sure if it would be polite to ask in a public forum.

Eric.


Here is a wonderful quote by Joseph Smith on the death of a loved one:

I think this quote sums this little guy's life up,
"The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning, we have reason to rejoice, as they are delivered from evil and we shall soon have them again. The only difference between the old and young dying is, one lives longer in heaven in eternal light and glory than the other, and is freed a little sooner from this miserable, wicked world. Notwithstanding all this glory, we for a moment, lose sight of it, and mourn the loss, but we do not mourn as those without hope (through Christ).
Joseph Smith.


Here is a poem my wife composed about our little Dallin Jacob:

I like to look for songbirds and hear their melody,
For my heart turns to a sweet boy, who God once gave to me.
He filled our life with miracles, the very day he came.
He blessed our lives with sunshine; we'll never be the same.

I like to look for songbirds. He loved their melody.
He'd often look up heavenward--their flight path just to see.
And gazing deep into our eyes, he seemed to be so wise,
Yet he was so cute and playful, and tender were his cries...

And then our little songbird, he needed to take flight--
His flightpath leading heavenbound--it happened in the night.
Our soul was filled with rainclouds, our tears fell to the earth,
Only eight months and twenty days, since his day of birth.

We looked to God to understand, for we do not know why.
We place our trust in God who knows, why Dallin had to die.
But there is restoration, thanks be to God's own son.
And earth life is preparation, for the eternal one.

A time to learn all the things that God wants me to know.
A time to prove my faith in Christ as I progress and grow.
And without earth life's own sorrow, I could not know the joy,
This truth I must remember, whene'er I miss my boy.

I'm thankful to my Father in heaven up above,
Who for me, one of his children, has such mercy and love.
How difficult and,oh, so hard, to offer up His Son,
That death and sin be trampled, in the battle that was won.

I'm thankful to my Savior, who won that war for me,
That I may return to Father, and live eternally.
I know my Savior rose again, and death He overcame,
Showing by his example, that I, too, will rise the same.

And spirit joined with body, I too will conquer death,
And witness this great miracle, inhaling once more breath.
To this end was my Savior born, So I could follow Him,
Back home as pure as snow again, to reunite with them.

Their gift to me, eternal life, as I accept their will.
My gift to them a change of heart, Christ's power is so real.
I want to follow him and be the best that I can be,
Because my Savior loves me, and paid the price for me.

by Shawna


Over time, this piece will grow. Please check back in six months for more updates.

2 comments:

  1. Your post touched my heart. How blessed you are to be able to see this situation the way you do. My husband lost an infant brother to sids and his death also had some pretty profound spiritual ramifications for his family - it actually still does today, some 30 years later. God bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marcy.

    I think the reason we were so richly blessed was to give us the strength to help us get through the next trial of my wife being truly healed of her childhood sexual abuse at the hands of her step-dad. It took 5 years, $20,000 of counseling, two weeks in the mental ward of a hospital, and too many twists and turns to count. After having been through all of that, I truly believe it is not survival of the physical fittest - it is survival of the spiritual fittest. Darwin missed the bigger picture by a long-shot!

    ReplyDelete