THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, December 21, 2015

TENT CITIES IN PROPHECY

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT MINE, BUT IT IS ONE OF MANY REFERENCES TO TENT CITIES THAT I HAVE BUMPED INTO - AND THOSE FROM A MANY DIFFERENT VARIED SOURCES. FOR ANOTHER TENT CITY REFERENCE GO TO THE SEARCH BOX ON THIS BLOG AND TYPE IN "GUARDISTO". THERE ARE A TON OF OTHERS AND THEY ALL SAY THE SAME THING AND DO NOT CONTRADICT.

I WILL ADD THOSE OTHER REFERENCES AS TIME ALLOWS:

As a young missionary in Chile in 1973, after a night of being able to preach the gospel to a large group of potential investigators, I was recording in my journal the details of that wonderful opportunity. As I was feeling the strong spirit that had been present and was still present as I was writing, all of a sudden the veil grew thin and among other things I saw long streams of people in the desert, some in vehicles, but many walking with mostly what they could carry in their arms. I saw that the area they were coming to was just South and West of St. George, Utah. I watched as a city of tents near St. George began to be quickly established in peace and tranquility. I puzzled over this in my mind wondering what was going on. I was given to understand that they were primarily fleeing from the Los Angeles area and were called to come there by the Church leaders. I was given to understand several things concerning the event, including that they were invited to leave just prior to something very bad which was about to happen, suddenly and in the near future to that area. I also understood that most members of the Church did not heed the invitation to come and would perish because of what was coming. All of this and other details I dutifully recorded in my journal.

For many years afterward, every once in a while I puzzled over what I had seen and recorded, but for the most part it lay forgotten while the matters of life occupied my time. A few years ago, while I was beginning to give firesides and lectures concerning the events of the last days, a number of people began sharing with me their own personal dreams and visions. After a while I started hearing a few of the people describe in their visions & dreams almost exactly the same things that I had seen in my brief vision. I then began to research more into the Saints fleeing at a moment’s notice to remote places of refuge where they usually lived in temporary tent encampments for a period of time. Some of the questions I was primarily asking were; Are there many historical examples of this type of event that might shed light on this possibly happening in the last days? Are there any prophecies or statements possibly describing this type of event? This short book is a brief review of the historical and scriptural traditional research concerning this type of event.

As I researched I came to understand that there actually was a historical pattern of righteousness, prosperity, division, apostasy and then the fleeing of a righteous few to remote places of refuge. I also found that instead of this happening occasionally, this had actually happened in every single instance of the establishment of a righteous society throughout the history of the world. Sometimes this cycle was delayed or interrupted by a....

1 comment:

  1. I have seen parts of this vision. I live west of St. George and I have seen a great many travelers walking with what they could carry on the highways leading to St. George. There were very few vehicles. Most people walked. It was a peaceful journey. There was no fear of these people passing our home, but a feeling that some of them may need help and we should prepare to help them as best we could on their journey. They were saints gathering to Utah after having been called in the last days. Refugees from other areas of the country destroyed. I thought at the time some came from Phoenix. Most seemed to be city folks. I have talked with folks from other areas who have had a similar vision of saints sleeping in sleeping bags in Stake Centers in survival conditions after great calamities had happened.

    ReplyDelete