THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, June 12, 2014

WHY TO STORE FOOD - WENDY DEWITT

While going out to fix a problem, I chatted with a really nice fellow who does QA on the 747 Wing Aft Spar.  He is not LDS, but has all the right answers.  In fact, I think he got a 97% or 98% on the quiz that every poor soul that gets trapped by me has to endure.....  He knew about the Jubilee year, knew about Blood Moons, knew about everything I knew and appears to be anxiously engaged in watching and waiting - which is a commandment of the Lord to ALL of God's children.

How is it that this fellow is more prepared and more anxiously engaged than 95% of the Saints that I randomly bump into?  I was able to participate in a Youth baptisms for the dead (by proxy) temple trip on Tuesday.  There were seats for all the kids in other cars, so I went down to the temple with another co-worker who was my former EQ President, but was just recently called to the Stake Young Men's Presidency.  This man is a good man - and led one of the best EQs I have ever been in.  Cohesion and inclusion and teaching, etc was top notch. 

In the course of our half hour drive, I tried to bring up the same topics with this man, and there seemed to be ambivalence and indifference.  His wife is from Cardston and I think a few things may have sunk in towards the end of the convo - but I largely felt that the stuff (of this blog) is unimportant to him.

Anyway, my QA buddy forwarded this link about preparing with food storage.  Wendy does a great job of saying what needs to be said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhGaTlwYs-s#t=216

No comments:

Post a Comment