THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, June 26, 2014

THE HEIGHT OF ARROGANCE

It has been interesting to watch the attempts by many to seek to "counsel the Lord" in regards to Priesthood and so many other topics within the Church.

This arrogance is the anti-thesis of humility.  Humility was required of the Savior to do His Father's will in all things.  Truly required to be submissive, even in the act of baptism by a mere mortal who was subject to sin and weaknesses of the flesh.

The root cause of arrogance is sin.  By attempting to counsel the Lord, you put yourself above the "need to be told what to do" and instead, put yourself in the seat of counseling those whom you should be receiving counsel of.  Truly, the father of all lies, satan himself sought to counsel those over him.  His very father.

In regards to my own father, I know he is a mere mortal and has many flaws, but I never mock him, nor do I seek to counsel him in much of anything.  For the most part, that would be the height of arrogance.  In some way I do not understand, it will help ensure that my days are long on the land as the promise that has been given as part of the command to honor both he and my mother.

Times are getting interesting!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. I remember when I was younger and knew so much about life marriage and really all things. Then one day I got married and realized I knew very little to nothing about marriage and so many other things. Long and short of it is no matter our station in life there is always someone to learn from who knows witch pitfalls to avoid and if we get the spirit of God and keep it we will not be seeking to reprove those over us. Romans 8-28 states something to this affect ( all things work to the good of those who love the Lord) so if we can get the spirit witch is quite difficult sometimes then keep it we will be humble teachable and true to God.

    ReplyDelete