THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

FACT CHECKING AND BEING UNDER THE BIG TOP

I do not take the time to fact check all my articles.  Nor do I have hardly a shred of respect for the liberal, agenda-driven snopes.  I say nope, to snopes......  I have caught them in a lie on several things where my knowledge is first hand - and I am an SME (subject matter expert).

I have a few folks I have tolerated fact checking on this blog.  I like openness - and love learning.  I even like contrarian opinions.  Nothing good comes out of a uni-polar vacuum.  God operates in a world where there is opposition in all things - but where good principle (yes, you moral relativists out there; there ARE moral ABSOLUTES......  Including gender and a few other things.....) trumps all things.

Anyway, nothing gets my ire more than a poser who feigns that they have the best interest of everyone in mind - but in reality are driving their own agenda.  Wolves in sheep's clothing.  Then, there are the trolls and others - that I squash down every chance I get.

Brian J. - you kind of cooked your own goose, just as snopes has for me when they came off as authoritative - and stepped in it hard.  You have made many, many comments attempting to shoot stuff on this blog down.  This time around, you shot down a statement by Roger K Young, I perceived to be more out of dislike for the man and what he represents, more than in a pursuit of the truth.  You really went after that tent thing.

Well, guess what?  You got gamed..... by someone whose agenda matches mine:

Here is the Relief Society training video where Sister Beck recommends that church members get a tent. http://www.lds.org/service/serving-in-the-church/relief-society/leader-resources/welfare-duties?lang=eng The title of the page is Welfare Duties. About half way down the page click on "Training Video: Self Reliance". The comments are about half way through the segment (on mine it was at the 3:39 min time mark). Basically she was talking about preparedness to Relief Society Leaders in the Tabernacle and then said: Self Reliance Sister Julie B. Beck Relief Society Training March 2010. "Now we’re living in some tough times. I’ll just walk you through a couple of scriptures.This is in Matthew 24 where Jesus was talking about our day. He said “Ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that ye not be troubled. For all these things must come to pass and the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom. And there shall be famines and pestilences on

Sorry, bro - you have snope status!  lol

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, let's be nice everyone. The link you speak of is on the right side and this was from 2009. We know Iraq does not fact check and that he allows us the privilege of doing it but last night I too went to LDS.org to try and find the quote and could not. Nothing pulled up for Julie beck and tent...

    https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/archive/worldwide-leadership-training/2009/02?lang=eng

    Still haven't listened to it, will do that now, but come on boys can't we all be friends? No name calling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian J is a good guy and one of the few posters on LDS Freedom Forum that I respect. He is very knowledgeable and that can sometimes come off as rude, but I don't believe that is ever his intent. When you pounced on him, I felt like you were pouncing on me too. We all want truth. Please be kind and patient with your brothers and sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete