THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, April 3, 2016

NO STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON SEXUAL ABUSE IN UTAH

On more of a serious note.....

It is just about time for a law like this.  As the survivors of sexual abuse get older, some things in their lives trigger a memory that was suppressed and this stuff can come flooding out.

I just heard a new recollection of an abuse survivor last night - 37 years after the fact......  Wow.  That is a long time.

I have no respect for those who uphold the name of the abuser and try to cover stuff up because they want to remain a part of the social circle, maintaining a good standing so they can benefit from an inheritance or whatever their motives might be.  It otherwise tarnishes a "sterling" reputation when they do so.  Often times, to maintain the code of silence of the abuser, those who support the abuser will attempt to demonize character of those who stand for openness and transparency.  I pretty much have determined I have no respect for those who maintain this code of silence in a family setting, instead of attacking the root cause of problems.

I have seen this in my own family and in the family of my wife.  It is kind of sick - no, better - really sick.  And sad.  One day, however, all will be brought forth in front of a perfect Judge and a perfect accounting will be made of all things.  Those things that have NOT been taken care of in this life, will be trumpeted from the roof tops and the hidden things will be made known to all to the shame of all those who work in darkness and who love a lie more than the truth.  In this thing, patience will need to be exercised.

I mentioned in an earlier piece that my wife, an abuse survivor, met with Spencer of VoG fame several weeks ago.  I cannot share most of what was said - but I will say this.  He confirmed some of my suspicions on one thing.  Back in 1992, before I was married, I worked with a really nice fellow and we often ate lunch together.  He was from the Ephrata, WA area.  He said that his wife had been ritually abused there at the hands of several "ranking" people.  She suffered from mental illness and the therapy and difficulty from all of that was tearing their marriage apart - but he was powering through it.  Apparently, this abuse was endemic in the area.  Later, I learned of an investigation by Glenn L. Pace of allegations in the area and a formal letter was released on the matter.  I featured it on the blog about 5 years ago.

There are people who distort what is good and right in an attempt to further satan's agenda and have much that I would like to say, but will forbear at this time.

Here is an article that got me thinking on this topic:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865623973/Bill-removing-statute-of-limitations-in-child-sexual-abuse-cases-passes-Legislature.html?pg=all

In order to shut the trolls down (they do not like lights being shone on their activities), I should start a blog documenting details of what I know.  It would be cathartic.  It would be an invitation only thing - so hit the "Post More Info" button if you would be interested and I will see if I will jump on that.  If you are an abuse victim, don't bother applying.  I find that those who are abusers (or identify with an abuser who is a role model to them, "buddy") or who have been abused do not like people talking of things like this.  I find it VERY interesting and am still seeking to understand the mechanism that causes this.  It is something akin to the Stockholm Syndrome.

If the abuser knew that their acts would be held in memorial forever (especially by those who have to deal with the effects of it), chances are much higher that they would not engage in the abuse.  If every car thief knew that they would be strung up on short rope over a high branch (like horse thieves in days of old), car prowls would pretty much cease overnight.  We live in a permissive culture where people know they can get away with stuff - so the activity continues.  Those who maintain that code of silence are part of the problem - and, as I said before, it tarnishes otherwise "sterling" reputations.....

Think on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment