THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

A FULL MANIFESTATION OF ALL OF THE GIFTS, 1846

I love reading these early accounts when the Saints were awash in the gifts - and that, if you opened your mouth to share yours with someone you hoped might have something to share, you would find that person to indeed have something to offer and bolster mutual faith and approbation.

Here is the experience:

Samuel Whitney Richards, March 1846
I went to my Seventies Quorum meeting in the Nauvoo Temple. The whole quorum being
present consisting of fifteen members. ... Dressing ourselves in the order of the Priesthood we
called upon the Lord, his spirit attended us, and the visions were opened to our view. I was,
as it were, lost to myself and beheld the earth reel to and fro and was moved out of its place.
Men fell to the earth and their life departed from them. ... And great was the scene of
destruction upon all the face of the land, and at the close thereof, there appeared a great
company as it were of saints coming from the west, as I stood with my back passing to the
east and the scripture was fulfilled which saith, "Come; see the desolation which the Lord
hath made in the earth;" and the company of saints who had been hid as it were, from the
earth; and I beheld other things which were glorious while the power of God rested down
upon me. Others also beheld angels and the glory of God. ... The sacrament was
administered. Our joy increased by the gift of tongues and prophecy by which great things
were spoken and made known to us.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Pesach (Passover) everyone! Remember to read the Exodus story and remember the Savior being THE Passover Lamb. The celebration goes on for a week and then count the omer for 50 days to Pentecost when the Holy Ghost was given to the ancient saints! The story of the Father and His Son is so remarkable!

    I'm sure we'll get our chance soon with our own exodus of some sort. Stay close to the Lord. Read the OT because the NT is hidden in it and the OT is hidden in the NT. And our future is plainly told in both.

    ReplyDelete