THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, March 2, 2015

THE WORD OF WISDOM AND PROTECTION FROM THE OVERFLOWING SCOURGE?

I thought this was interesting - and the radiological event was spoken of before it was made cool by Bruce R.:

"I do not know what the Lord had in mind when the following words were given, but I accept them at face value:
“And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;
“And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;
“And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.
“And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them.” (D&C 89:18–21.)
When I read about “health in [the] navel and marrow in [the] bones,” I think of the possibility of a devastating plague that could overtake the world as a result of widespread pollution from radiation hazards in a future war. Could this, then, be one way the Lord might use of separating the obedient from the disobedient? Could there be some connection between these forbidden substances and radioactive particles which could cause increased absorption in the bone marrow, with resultant increased possibility of damage? I do not know.
I do know that if we keep the Word of Wisdom, the destroying angel will spare us. I do know that God has counseled us not to use alcoholic beverages, tea, or coffee, and has told us not to use tobacco. How unwise it is to use any substance which is habit forming and harmful to the body. The word of the Lord is enough to guide me in my life. I urge you, then, to listen carefully to these words of warning, not only to avoid the use of those things which are harmful to your bodies, but also to use those foods recommended by the Lord with prudence and thanksgiving."
Theodore M. Burton April 1976

No comments:

Post a Comment