THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, April 28, 2014

VISIONS OF GLORY TIMELINE

I received the following comment from a blog reader:
  Quick comment on the timeline presented in VoG. The first few times I read the book it seemed that Spencer said they began traveling north soon after the EQ in SLC, but it also didn't quite make sense because he said the EQ was in the fall, that when they were leaving for the north was "several months later" but that the season was Fall. He also says that the big general conference that was held soon before they left happened around the first week of October. That just didn't seem to make seance how those events could both be right around the beginning of October. Then I found where he said that when they left had been several months after the EQ and that before the conference he had walked to the SLC temple "hundreds of times" to help the cleanup inside the building. The only way it makes sense in my mind is that the EQ happened around Oct, and then a full year goes by before that general conference in October and they head north to Cardston. Maybe that was clear to everyone else.

I feel that this assessment is correct.  The "Spring" EQ that Spencer spoke of likely would occur at or around the solar eclipse after the 2015 Blood Moons (just a pure guess - no prophetic/HG input here).  This would wipe out the West Coast.  For my west coast readers, you may well have a sign that gives you a heads up in the Utah quake. 

A further note here:  The EQ which sends our Chinese and Russian buddies packing (which apparently will affect them to the point they have to go take care of their own problems at home), will occur when Christ comes to the Old Jerusalem on Oct 18th, 2016.  Most of their armies will have been wiped out in the ME at that point.  They will be humbled (and weakened) to the point that the final gathering (from the heathen nations) will begin at the hands of the 144,000.  This is the point when the missionary efforts REALLY take off.  The LDS church (or what it becomes at that point) will bust at the seams.  The numbers will swell into the hundreds of millions as the ushering in of the Millennium begins - and final harvest is completed prior to the burning.  The returning 10 tribes alone will bust the plains around Jackson County to the seams.  Epic will not be magnaminous enough to describe the scene.

I am so glad I will get a peek at the events that bring this all about.  Truly, we have waited for centuries to see this moment.  Just to be alive at this time says so much about you and I; but where there is much given, MUCH is required.  We should be humbled at the prospect - not puffed up over it.

19 comments:

  1. I can't believe you seriously are putting exact dates on these events. You are very bold. Maybe you are right, more then likely you are not. You are going to feel so stupid if these dates come and go and life just keeps moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I I just read V of G again, and Spencer says that at the time they head north to Canada, he is "by this time...a much older man." (pg 151) From my understanding, he is approximately 64 right now, which in a few years time does not seem "a much older man." So I'm really wondering about this timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never try to put exact dates on happenings in the future. Though I have a general idea when things are going to happen, but I find that if I put exact dates on items I jinx them.

    Though my eyes are on between now and October Conference, with something serious happening right around October Conference or just before in Europe.

    My bro in law has a Ukranian friend that he used to date. Not a member, but she was rather intrigued at what President Uchtdorf had to say...supposedly he went over there just a day or two ago, nothing in the news...and he made some prophecies. When I get into contact with him I will more than happily put it here on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spencer is 62. I think he's about 70 when the EQ hits, but that, too, is a guess. The best indicator for me for the EQ will be when the financial collapse. There will be much chaos going on after the collapse. According to Gayle, we have ten days after the financial crash. So if one occurs just before October, Iraq is probably right.

    The other thing that bothers me is the military truck Spencer describes. It is many years away from production. Ten or fifteen at least. If the truck was literal and real (not symbolic, or a gift from God, like a Liahona), then we have a good long while before carbon-body trucks that run on cooking oil are in use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the commenter who quoted that it must be many years away because Spencer says by this time he was "a much older man".

    He does say that, and you may be right, but when I read that I understood him to be making a comparison to the older man he saw himself to be in the vision compared to the younger man he was when he had this vision. In his own words he had this vision about 20 years ago (he said that in 2011, so I guess 23 years ago now). “Looking at this time of my life from the perspective of twenty additional years, I can also see that my own fear was adding to my sickness.”

    I can see how someone in their 40's having a vision of themselves in their 60's would say “By this time I was a much older man”

    Remember on the timing of the earthquake he says "“All I can say is that Salt Lake City looked in that vision much as it does today. There were models of automobiles that I did not recognize, and other small changes, but I considered it as having happened not far into the future.”

    He also mentions recognizing the members of the 12 who had survived the devastation during that general conference that happened a year after the SLC earthquake. “The general authorities were already on the stand. Only one brother sat in the three seats reserved for the First Presidency. I recognized all of the Twelve who remained.”

    I think if it were another 20 years down the road it would be very unlikely that he would recognize all of the remaining members of the 12.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your blog. I think generally, there is a growing sense among folks that we need to be prepared. Yes, those of us who have carefully studied what is to come recognize that times will be challenging and not anything like what the majority of Latter-day Saints think the last days will be like. Last year, when VOG was gaining popularity, I asked "Spencer" a question through his blog regarding the timing of things. The response I received was.... “Agree with the posting. It is a process that begins now and take a few years to come to full fruition. 5 To 15 years does not seem far off.” My estimate was based on his writings but also trying to reconcile comments made by others, such as President Packer's comments in 2011 that the youth of today can look forward to "getting married, having a family, seeing your children and grandchildren, maybe even great-grandchildren". Anyways, based on my own experiences, the "timing" part has always been the hardest to grasp. Things are surely moving (and something will happen..maybe war), but I am not sure the big EQ will be this year. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gill Broussard, an astronomer, estimated the 5 months cataclismic events to be from march 2016 to aug 2016

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watch for the signs because they are here already but Spencer was translated at the conference not a much older man and the conference was 2 years after the eq.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm curious about your thoughts on this:

    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=29685095&nid=1016&title=new-details-for-provo-mtc-expansion-released&s_cid=queue-7

    The Provo MTC is planning their expansion the summer of 2015 and it will take 2 years to complete. Would the Lord allow such an expensive project to move forward if a huge earthquake is going to destroy the whole thing/area anyway? I'm asking a serious question. I'm not one of your trolls :) Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I doubt the Lord had any say in the expansion of the MTC or that he even factors it into the equation when tribulation begins. He won't say, "Don't expand the MTC, because I'm going to destroy it." He doesn't micromanage decisions we make using common sense. Think of it from his perspective: he is a man not bound to the weakness of the things we build. He cares only for the souls of men. In the EQ, temples will probably be destroyed, or they will be protected. Nothing is impossible with him. He can rebuild one in a day. He won't care if the church pays for and builds buildings that might be destroyed the next day. He's going to destroy the whole earth, before he cleanses it. Why should he care about a building?

    That said, what about the military truck, folks? Are you all forgetting that little detail? How do you explain the existence of such a truck this year, or the next, if the quake is around the corner? How do you reconcile it? That truck does not exist, and will not for years, but the Asian military had them after the quake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is awesome, but I'm really not following the Oct. 2016 timing of Christ's appearance in Old Jerusalem. That event will be exactly 3.5 years after the two prophets begin to testify there. I know it's possible that these prophets have started and we don't know about it, but I really doubt they started in April of 2013. Something is missing in this timeline...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who really is to say that the trucks dont already exist, the government denies most of the existance of their programs, do you think they are really going to advertise these trucks to us? http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/27/obamas_chilling_secrecy_from_denying_drone

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog. Now, I'm just thinking... If Spencer let's everyone know when he gets a new car, then we can all start worrying. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one. I guarantee that Spencer knows more about timing than he's letting on. There's no way he spent that much time among people after the quake and didn't ask or figure out what year it was. I guess it's possible that the Lord kept that specific info from him selectively. But I'm betting Spencer has to know. I hope he finds a way to let us know when the quake is imminent. I believe my house will be flooded, and I'd love a few week's notice.

      Delete
  14. I personally feel that the timing of the Utah events might coincide with the unfulfilled Jewish feast days and the blood moon tetrad.

    Spencer said that the conference would be held the first weekend of October. If the intent was to fulfill the fall feast days then an interesting pattern can be seen.

    The first weekend of October 2015 would be the 3rd and the 4th. The Feast of Tabernacles in 2015 begins September 28th and ends on October 5th. This would mean that the conference weekend, in which Spencer saw the Savior, would fall during the Feast of Tabernacles and the final blood moon of the tetrad.

    Spencer also said that during the conference, it was announced that “a few weeks before” the conference, Christ had come to Adam-ondi-Ahman. The Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah) falls September 13th in 2015. There would be 21 days (a few weeks) from the Feast of Trumpets 2015 and the October conference 2015. There is also a solar eclipse that will occur on that very day.

    Just a thought…

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've googled the vehicles mentioned in the books and three ships that were used to bring them here. The Asian countries have this technology, they have ships ready to be converted to military transports. If you look up military vehicles being used in other countries and the companies who make those vehicles you will see they are not years off but actually very close to small conversions to fit the description in VoG.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey guys, any new guesses? I've just read the book. It's quite interesting but I don't think any guessing will really be able to pinpoint any event. It's better to just not miss any sacrament meeting and conferences... or simply live the Gospel each day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soooo....wasn't the world supposed to end 4 years ago, according to you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nope - obviously another person not capable of reading (I mentioned that this was a "pure guess")..... Probably a liberal fornicator/adulterer/apostate whom I will mock when it does go down just as proscribed. Enjoy yer time in spirit prison while you let what just happened to you percolate in your thick head. This is the purpose of that place. So spiritually dense people can let reality percolate through their being and they can finally see things as they really are.

    ReplyDelete