THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, April 14, 2014

GETTING CALLED OUT ON THE JOSEPH SMITH QUOTE - KNOWING THE DAY AND THE HOUR

I have had an interesting day today.  First of all, the blog came up on .75mil.  I am excitedly awaiting my first 1.0mil sometime around October.  I may not make that milestone if things coalesce as this blog has purported.

I got called out three times today.  Once by a former Bishop, once by a street preacher at a local park and once by my wife.  I don't mind getting called out - just if you are going to do it, make sure you have your ducks in a row.  I am starting to build up a little toxicity to the idiots and a-holes (sorry about the french - no better word) out there that think they are so smart that they can blindly start shooting you down before they have built a case that is water tight - or without asking a few questions.  I just witnessed a co-worker who has been doing what I have been doing for twice as many years, get called out by his young whipper-snapper lead who has been doing what we are doing for half as many years as I have been doing it (that makes his experience level a quarter of this seasoned employee), call out this senior team member - and then proceed to pull one of the most brutal political moves you can do in my profession; busting him down to a quarterly audit from a bi-annual audit.  This veteran employee is not stupid by any means.  His problem?  Too nice of a guy - and the nice guys never seem to win any more.  Just the a-holes seem to win in life, as of late.

Being a scrapper, I told him to take it to the governing body and give them the data from each of the cases he was busted down for - and let them decide.  He did so - and all three cases came back with zero defects in reasoning.  My polite and seasoned co-worker is in the process of taking this a-hole to the hoop and sticking his nose in it - with my coaching and encouragement.  Bottom line, they are purging all the older "higher dollar" employees with lower-paid new employees that will do as they are told and not ask any tough questions......  I have lost faith in my company - and plan to quit in the next several months as I make the final move to get off the coast completely to join my family full time.  It will not make it past the middle of next year anyway, so there is no hope of receiving a pension in 20 years anyway.  Ethics of this aerospace giant are fading quickly - and that is a harbinger of disaster in this business.....  Oh, the stories I have.  When I am no longer contractually obligated to toe the line, I will spill some interesting goings on in the blog.  The world needs to hear how the big boys go about corrupting the natural order of things.  So much so, that I mentioned something that needs to be told to a member of my former Stake Presidency, and he was dead-nuts serious and told me to shut up or I would get myself killed.....  Not making it up.  Problem is, I do not fear death or any of that stuff.  When it comes to fighting battles of good and right, I have had clearing and blocking moves posted against my adversary - and, even though I requested it, the results were stunning and jaw dropping.....  God truly is great - and will answer the prayer of faith in remarkable ways.  Sometimes, almost instantaneously...... but you have to live for it.  And that takes work and patience.

So here is the latest one from my wife - and I know her intentions were good; but I have baggage from all the crap I am seeing around me so it ruffled my feathers a little.  One of the cornerstones of the recent "End of the World Conference" was a quote saying we CAN know the day and the hour of Jesus coming (to Jerusalem).  All the lazy "virgins" in the Church have used that stay asleep just a little longer and to continue their lives as winebibbers and listening to those who peep and mutter instead of those who actively are using their gifts of prophecy and revelation - and who anchor their words in those who were clearly in possession of the gifts of prophecy and revelation (myself being one of them).  She said she felt the need to source the quote:

Lord Will Tell His Prophets When 2nd Coming to Take Place
Remarks on the comeing of the Son of Man by Joseph Smith the Prophet. 3 Made in Nauvoo Christ says no man knoweth the day or the hour when the Son of Man cometh. This is a sweeping argument for sectarianism against Latter day ism. Did Christ speak this as a general principle throughout all generations Oh no he spoke in the present tense no man that was then liveing upon the footstool of God knew the day or the hour But he did not say that there was no man throughout all generations that should not know the day or the hour. No for this would be in flat contradiction with other scripture for the prophet says that God will do nothing but what he will reveal unto his Servants the prophets consequently if it is not made known to the Prophets it will not come to pass; again we find Paul 1st Thesslonians 5th Chapter expressly points out the characters who shall not know the day nor the hour when the Son of Man cometh for says he it will come upon them as theif or unawares. Who are they they are the children of darkness or night. But to the Saints he says yea are not of the night nor of darkness of that that day should come upon you unawares. John the revelator says 14 chap 7th verse that the hour of his judgements is come they are precursers or forerunners of the comeing of Christ. read Matthew 24 Chap and all the Prophets.
He says then shall they see the Sign of the domeing of the Son of Man in the clouds of Heaven. How are we to see it Ans. As the lighting up of the morning or the dawning of the morning cometh from the east and shineth unto the west--So also is the comeing of the Son of Man. The dawning of the Morning makes its appearance in the east and moves along gradualy so also will the comeing of the Son of Man be. it will be small at its first appearance and gradually becomes larger untill every eye shall see it. Shall the Saints understand it Oh yes. Paul says so. Shall the wicked understand Oh no they attribute it to a naturn cause. They will probably suppose it is two great comets comeing in contact with each other
¶ It will be small at first and will grow larger and larger untill it will be all in a blaze so that every eye shall see it. Joseph Smith the Prophet.
 I said no need, I understand the style and prose and voice of that man.  This is not a close forgery - I would be able to pick it out.  So, off we go to the online TPJS and could not find it.

Finally, I did a search of early Church conferences and found it, just as cited:

              http://www.boap.org/LDS/Parallel/1843/6Apr43%282%29.html

The reason I started this blog, was due to a statement I made to a former Bishop who was over to our house for dinner.  I mentioned that I thought (in 2006) that we were headed to Civil War (which incidentally will happen this summer/fall - only eight short years later).  I mentioned several statements made AFTER the first CW that all pointed to the same event.  He scoffed - basically telling me I was full of bull-puckey.  When I went to look them up, I could not find them.  That month, I had literally scoured thousands of pages of material and I could not re-source the statements.  Basically - when you put challenge someone and put them on the defensive, you force them to the burden of proof.  That, my friends - is a form of bearing false witness.  Now, if you say "Hmmm, I have never heard that before, I would love to read it myself.  Could you provide a quote?" - then it is a positive and affirming.  If you say, "Hmmm, I have never heard that before.  Are you sure about that?"  Very negative and degrading, forcing someone who is sharing out of concern of spreading a great new truth, to go on the defensive.

Many would say, why get so wrapped around the axle?  Mostly because I have been blathering for years like a broken record and I have had no support from virtually anyone.  Like a lone wanderer in a dry dusty desert, I just need to drink from a pool of cool, clear water.  The End of the World Conference was a sweet respite among great people.  People, quite frankly, that I would love the start the Millennium out with.....  The rest (the hecklers and nay-sayers, etc)?  After working so hard to open my mouth, I would like to just leave them to their own devices in what is coming.





3 comments:

  1. I wanted to take a moment and let you know that I read your blog each day. I look forward to it and often am impatient waiting for a new and interesting post from you. I have gathered that you work in the Seattle area. I am also in the Seattle area as well as most of my family (children and grandchildren). I have had a couple of interesting trials, the most recent being that my eldest daughter and her husband (both Temple recommend holders) fell quickly away from the Church. They (almost overnight) came to the belief that it is only through 'Grace' we are saved. Not works, therefore they are now attending a small group of same believers. They have four son's ages 2-10.

    I have 6 grown children and 8 grandchildren. I admire your strength of spirit and your willingness to say how it is. I am in agreement with all that you post and state. I would like to know if it would be possible to meet with you. I would like my second oldest daughter and her husband (not the one that has fallen away) to meet you also. I believe they need to hear what you have to say and I believe they would have many questions that you could answer soundly.

    I have no idea about how to contact you about this other than to put it here in the comment section. I appreciate your consideration from a fellow believer that time is extremely short.

    God bless you and the work that you do. It does not fall on deaf ears here in Washington state!

    My email: fairflight@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if we really will know the hour when He will come back and I read In Doctrine and Covenants 49:7 and it was though I got my answer.

    7 I, the Lord God, have spoken it; but the hour and the day no man knoweth, neither the angels in heaven, nor shall they know until he comes.

    It seems the part "nor shall they know until he comes" makes it pretty clear about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which is why I don't believe that Christ is coming back IN HIS GLORY in 2016. The blog owner doesn't see Christ coming in His glory in 2016 either. He does see him coming to Jerusalem though and he makes a rather compelling argument for it, though for me the jury is still out on that one for me.

    Remember that before Christ comes in his glory he is going to show up at Jerusalem amongst the Jews and at Adam Ondi Ahman among the Priesthood leadership.

    ReplyDelete