THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

THAT FEELING AGAIN

I had the pleasure of moving a family out of our ward and into a new apt unit.  I often wonder about people - and what is motivating them right now.  They were a young family with the father pursuing a Doctorate in Computer Science at UW.  They were moving close to a transportation hub so he could quickly and easily commute into classes each day.  Was this fellow and his young bride being acted upon by the Spirit to pursue this field and this degree at this time - precisely when I am saying there will be little use for such things in the Millennium - and that the whole of the West Coast will be devastated?  A time when the U.S./world economy will be wiped out and re-aligned for a few brutal years followed by a new way of thinking and doing things?  Or is he just being swept along in life - and just responding to external impetus of the need to provide for his family - and not having anything else to do with his time and energies, so why not this?

My wife and I are going radical - downsizing like we have never down-sized and preparing for the most radical shift in income, moves, status and many other measures of our lives; while most around us seem oblivious to the drama we/I see as coming.  I have a tingling that I have felt before; right before September 11th - when I came home that day six weeks before the event that changed so much in America, and told my wife, "Something big is going to happen; it's going to affect my (aerospace) employment, and it's going to happen in the next six months."  When asked what it was, I said "I do not know exactly, but we need to double our fast offerings and pay our tithing religiously with every pay check (and not let it slide to the end of the quarter or til tithing settlement, as we were prone to do)."

At the end of the move, I was helping move the truck and wrap things up and chatted with the EQ President, whom I had been on a move with about a year previous.  I asked him if he remembered my prediction the previous year that we would tangle with the Russians and eventually end up with them on our East Coast (at that point, I had no definitive timeline in place).  He vaguely remembered.  Somehow, we got on the topic of Sept 11th and we both shared our "where were you when it happened" moments.  I told him I am feeling the same thing again - but this does not have the easy light at the end of the tunnel feel to it.  I also feel I have a strong foreboding of what exactly it will be this time - and what time we can expect it (by October).  He was less prone to blowing me off this time.  While he is not a news head - more of a sports freak than anything - he seemed to be willing to entertain the idea that things could go down.

We talked of food storage and he basically gave me the reason why my GD lesson on preparing for the baptism of fire was not well received - he said that many were too mired in debt to think of even attempting a food storage.  Amazingly, I am sure that most within the sound of my voice that lesson had a 55" big screen tv, a brand new car, and iPad and MANY other things which I do not possess - but yet none of which have been commanded by the Lord.  Could it be that priorities just needed to be modified?  He mentioned that there was a push within the ward to have a Dave Ramsey seminar on getting out of debt.  I told him that this year is the year of change - the window will have closed by then.  Those who were laughed at and scorned for driving a 20 year old vehicle and bringing paper copies of scriptures to church, or living in small homes and less-than-ideal conditions - but who have stayed out of debt - these will be exalted while those who have mocked, shall mourn.  I am not sure exactly how it will go down - but there will be many who suffer physical bondage for not heeding the clear call of food storage and managing/minimizing debt so many years ago.

Pray about it and find out for yourself.  Prioritize, commit, execute.  Follow the Spirit with exactness.  We are at our juncture in history, similar to what it was when Lehi had just left Jerusalem (along with Mulek, Tamara Tephi, and so many others) - and the dust from the approaching armies is beginning to billow up on the horizon.  There is little time to delay.  Those dust clouds spell disaster.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. My family has also been talking about this same thing and we are pulling from retirement to get our food storage up to snuff. You have talked a lot about that sense of urgency and I want to add my testimony to that as well. It has grown from a "pricking of the spirit" to literally shouting. What interests me is I can tell at church who has received these same promptings and who hasn't. They are wide awake and seem to glow. Another interesting thing is that a lot of non-members I know are feeling these promptings too. The Lord is no respecter of persons and He is sending out His warning voice to all who will hear. Thanks for your posts!

    ReplyDelete