THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

VISIONS OF GLORY AND PATRIARCHAL BLESSINGS

This was a response to Russ C. about the disparity in the VOG sequence and the PBs of his children:



Russ,

I agree fully with what you have to say.  I also have a different take on prophecy than most.

My PB also was/is filled with hope for the future and there is great hope for the future in what VOG talks of.  I try and bring that out in my "doom and gloom" blog; the idea that we have only just begun to reach our potential as a people and as a Church.  This can be done while being in line with what is coming (the hairy stuff that precedes and takes you to the good stuff).  My best analogy is about having a child.  We always think of the excitement of holding a perfect little genetic copy of ourselves in our hands, but we often forget the tissue-tearing, rip-roaring pain that precedes that little miracle.  Even our patriarchal blessings might mention the children, but there is no mention of the hell that you must go thru (the woman) to get you to that point.  It is a cognitive dissonant experience, when it is looked at properly.  My point being, that PB events are often "big picture" things and do not mention the "tighten your seat-belts" stuff that is coming.  I, conversely, know many people who are "turned on" to the blog, precisely because their children's PBs mention exactly what IS coming and warn them to prepare for it in their lifetimes.  I would say the Patriarch in the Stake that gave your children their PBs, might well be one who would rather leave that stuff out so as to not worry those whom he is acting as voice to.

I lost a child - yet there was not so much as a peep about it in my PB.  It does not mean that the PB was invalid, it was just simply a merciful thing to not have mentioned it, so that I would not worry, obsess and have unnecessary ulcers knowing that it would come about.  I have all the "big picture" stuff in mine, though and I have used it to navigate the big events in my life thus far.  Having said that, I DID know about the loss that was coming well in advance.  Something extra-PB, that was a little more timely.  My wife knew of it two weeks before it happened.  It was not in her PB, either.  That came by personal revelation.

To me, there is no greater message than the future promise of the NJ.  I want to raise my kids in that holy city.  Much rather that than in some rat-filled high school where drugs and promiscuity are the norm and you are a freak if you live strictly by the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity.  I do not get into people suffering (and am sad that the wicked must suffer), but I would gladly pass thru the sorrow and suffering along with them knowing that there is a much greater prize on the other side of the event or events - and knowing that the wicked will no longer be in the equation.  They have been given their warning; their chance to repent and they are stuffing it in the face of those who have declared repentance unwearingly.  Soon, there will be open mocking of what is good and right and there will be calls to "extinguish" those who promulgate the right path.  On some levels, and in some places, the physical act will occur and the wicked will be cheering the perpetrators on.  The victims will receive a more weighty reward and, for this, the wicked will suffer horrific things as the Lord is able to take them in the snare they have laid for the righteous who are in a repentant state.  As I said, better them than me.  We have all received the warnings of the Prophets.  We are all culpable for not heeding these warnings.

So, I am sure your kids' PBs are all good - and there is still room for all the things that Spencer speaks of to occur.

My feel is that things will be just fine - but just different than they are now.  Will your kids graduate from an existing education system as we have now?  I think not.  I expect things will be radically different.  All of the existing systems will be done away.  All things must become new.  Many who have become dependent on Babylon, will long for it.  Some will look back longingly on their beloved cities and possessions, and not having fully put their shoulder to the plough, will perish with the wicked or meet some salty demise.  There was a reason that the story of Lot's wife was recorded.....

Anyway, no hard feelings.  Either I am full of hot air along with many others who have come and gone - and time will march on and the boil will fester that much more before it finally does come to a head, or things will deteriorate exceedingly this year and you will know that the Lord's coming is imminent and will begin to pray day and night that deliverance comes.  I am already there.  I have a strong distaste for Babylon and cannot wait to see it disappear beneath the waves, the surface of the earth; beneath the flames.

We need this to be over and the new to come in.

Pray for my lesson tomorrow.  There is much that can be gleaned from Noah's plight.

Iraq.

No comments:

Post a Comment