THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

FASTING TO KNOW IF VISIONS OF GLORY IS A CORRECT ACCOUNT OF THINGS

Had a delightful dinner apptmnt with the Sister missionaries tonight.

As the conversation progressed, I started into my dialogue about second coming events - the usual stuff.  After a while, this Sister popped the question about whether we had read a book about Zion that John Pontius wrote (she did not mention who the author was at first).  I did not recognize the book fully, nor the author.  I made several "incriminating" statements and she then point blanked me and asked me if I had read VOG.  I said yes, and then she asked what I thought of it.  I gave her my opinion and then she proceeded to tell us that she is related to "Uncle Pontius" and that she had many fond conversations with him once he returned from Alaska - and before he died.

Later, someone told her about the book (VOG), she read it in one fell swoop (like I did) and she had to know whether it should be trusted.  She then fasted for 3 days and got her answer in the affirmative.  I guess I thought I was the only radical that would fast three days in order to get results.  Have to admire tenacity!

Funny that she thought the only peculiar part was the part about the tribe from the north.  I am still waiting for my second and third witness on that part.

4 comments:

  1. 24 And the land of Jerusalem and the land of Zion shall be turned back into their own place, and the earth shall be like as it was in the days before it was divided.

    25 And the Lord, even the Savior, shall stand in the midst of his people, and shall reign over all flesh.

    26 And they who are in the north countries shall come in remembrance before the Lord; and their prophets shall hear his voice, and shall no longer stay themselves; and they shall smite the rocks, and the ice shall flow down at their presence.

    27 And an highway shall be cast up in the midst of the great deep.

    (D&C 133:24-27)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can now see, as President George A. Smith afterwards said, that I was then really "the bosom friend and companion of the Prophet Joseph." I was as welcome at the Mansion as at my own house, and on one occasion when at a full table of his family and chosen friends, he placed me at his right hand and introduced me as his "friend, Brother B. F. Johnson, at whose house he sat at a better table than his own." Sometimes when at my house I asked him questions relating to past, present and future; some of his answers were taken by Brother William Clayton, who was then present with him, and are now recorded in the Doctrine and Covenants; the one as to what the Lord told him in relation to seeing his face at 85 years of age; also the one as to the earth becoming as a sea of glass, molten with fire. [D&C 130: 9, 14-17] Other questions were asked when Brother Clayton was not present, one of which I will relate: I asked where the nine and a half tribes of Israel were. "Well," said he, "you remember the old caldron or potash kettle you used to boil maple sap in for sugar, don't you?" I said yes. "Well," said he, "they are in the north pole in a concave just the shape of that kettle. And John the Revelator is with them, preparing them for their return." Many other things of a public or private nature I might here record, but will only note one or two, those pertaining to our own family.[1]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iraq, you are missing out. Your missing the bigger picture here. This book was not just about "Spencer" but it was also about the man who gave "Spencer" his voice. This is how I know VOG is a true book, because I have read and studied the author's, John Pontius, other books. VOG of glory was the culmination of his life's work. He had written several other books that talked about how to become a Zion like individual, his work was finished when he met "Spencer" and finished his book. The other two books talk about how to Become the type of person that "Spencer" is and has become. Therein is where the real treasure lies! This is the Key! John knew how to become that type of person, because he already was that type of person. He was one who was to prepare the world for the Pre-millennial events and to dwell amongst translated beings.
    Iraq and all readers, don't miss the bigger picture here. "Spencer" saw the Visions of the future, because of who he was. John knew what it took to become like "Spencer", and then he shared it with true followers, or those that have ears to hear and eyes to see.
    Read his other two books and become. "Following the Light of Christ into his presence" and "Triumph of Zion,"

    ReplyDelete
  4. William, I was so impressed with this Sister missionary, that on her recommendation (and now yours), Triumph of Zion is my next purchase.

    ReplyDelete