THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

MORE SPENCER DRAMA

Sheesh, I tell ya.  This is ridiculous.  Russ just e-mailed me telling me that he knows several GAs and therefore he has the low-down on the inside track and that I need to cease and desist on the whole VOG thing.  I think Russ ought to look into Sarah Menet and maybe read a little Iohanni Wolfgramm.  I am sure he has not - I am sure I am the only one who has all three books and has read all three books and spent hours poring over their testimony to decide whether I should hold them close, or keep them at a distance.  Russ, even though you are my HT, I know which way I am rolling on this one.... :)

Here is my response to Russ - I thought it was worth publishing to see if I can make more copy.  Get yours while its still hot off the press.....



Russ,

Don't take it personally, I was just seeing how you would like it if someone who does not have jurisdiction over you were to repeatedly call you out on something.  It does get old of you to do this.  I am just glad that I pulled your last name out of the piece at the last minute..... :)  I am extremely patient, but sometimes I turn the tables on my accusers/harrassers - just for fun.  I am not gullible.  You obviously missed my piece near the beginning of the blog talking of how my wife and I felt years ago (2001), the need to relocate to the Flathead Valley in Montana.  As we entered the valley, I turned to my wife as we were driving and said, "If we choose to live in this valley, one day we will have to cross those mountains (pointing to Glacier National Park), and join the body of the Saints in Cardston."
It was one of those random things that just pops out of my mouth - and ends up coming 100% true.  Sols Guardisto described things just as they are today - and said the Spencer stuff would come to pass.  A prophet of the final dispensation put his stamp of approval on that experience.  The blog is full of experiences that I share to bolster and encourage other people in their spiritual pursuits.  One was the dream I had the night our third child died.  I boldly and openly declare that there is a need for revelation amongst the Saints - and that where you see a dearth of it, the people have lost their vision and are spiritually anemic.  Ripe for destruction or severe correction and culling, by God's standards.  This vision of Spencer's dovetails PERFECTLY with what my wife and I have seen in our own quest for our long-term planning and goals.  This is why I have embraced it.  I care not what spiritual experiences other have had or have not had.  If you fight me openly because you are found lacking in that department, then I am sorry for you and can give you some friendly advice, if asked.

I have read your points repeatedly - and the points have been taken - but we will have to agree to disagree.  I think there are two kinds of people in this world.  Those who hold positions of power which is usually accompanied by considerable wealth - and those who don't.  You will find that those who are a little "too comfortable" with the wealth or power that they possess will end up denying what is going on and will continue on as an ostrich with the proverbial head in the sand.  This is done because they have too much skin in the game, so to speak and they experience something called cognitive dissonance, so to speak.  They cannot see their 401K's flattened in economic chaos, their homes on the West Coast being swept away in giant waves after massive shakings of the earth, their beloved cars a heap of rust and moth corruption, their surviving family members crying out in despair for their other loved ones or starving because their parents were more concerned with buying the 51" bigscreen to watch the Superbowl on, than putting the cash into a respectable food store, lazily saying that they will just head over to their "paranoid", "gullible" and overzealous neighbor to mooch off of his prescient efforts.....

Then there are the others who are able to clearly see things as they are.  These most likely reject worldly power, instead opting for heavenly power and future returns on earthly actions, and are usually not men of means.  Most of the ancient prophets were of this genre.  Many found themselves living in caves, wearing burlap (modern term) as itchy as it is, eating locusts/honey or gleaning cobs of corn off the sides of roads as they traveled, passing along their message.  Many, but not all were stoned for what they had to say - but nearly 100% were rejected by society (of those who came among the people just before impending destruction).  Oh, there were exceptions to this rule, like Lehi and even Jonah, but the general rule holds sway.  These buck the worldly trends, and are not found amongst those who are desperately trying to stay abreast of them.

So, I have a yardstick that I measure people by.  I ask myself whether they are centered on worldly power and money. Money and power both have a way of blinding the recipient.   Most, having access to such things would not only pay a 100% tithe and generous offerings, but they would also live a consecrated life giving much of what they have to causes to better mankind and would never consume it upon their lusts, nor flaunt it to be seen of men.  One of my favorite examples of this kind of living was President Kimball.  He was a simple man and he lived simply.  One, who in the right circumstances might declare that "the [Son of Man] has no place to lay his head".  In other words, working out an existence by faith and going without purse nor scrip.

So, I do not care for the random name dropping that might excite others.  I care about content of character.  I have judged Sarah Menet, Iohanni and even Spencer (with what little I know of him) and I find no lack in any of them.  I find much lacking in their accusers, however.  This is not the final judgment I speak of, it is judging of one man to another in order to discern whom I should trust and follow.

Russ, you are a fine man - I do not short you for your excellent qualities.  But keep on keeping on and when I am prepared to trust your opinion over these three witnesses, I will let you know. 

Sincerely,

Iraq.
PS - I am getting read to teach the GD lesson on Noah next Sunday and have had three weeks a preparin'.  I plan on rocking the whiteboard with some fantastic doctrine
PSS - If it makes you feel any better, I am going to deliver a ppt presentation of this whole doom and gloom to about 30 members in the SL Valley in a few months.  I promise to stick mostly to doctrine and facts and data.  If you want to call me out to Bishop, feel free to request a copy of the presentation to show to him.  If there is something that contradicts doctrine in there, you are free to press him to ask for my recommend.....  No, seriously!





9 comments:

  1. I just started reading "Living in the 11th Hour" by Robert Millet. And I swear he makes reference to VOG without naming the title and he also says that his GA friends are VERY concerned about the members reading this very "popular book" and that it is NOT doctrine. Just thought I'd pass that along. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's "the book" the author is talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post. There are too many people who are trying to get us to believe there are not angels among us, no inspiration, only to the brethren, etc. Well, if we don't have our personal revelation, how sad and if we don't believe there are angels among us trying to get us to see what is coming, double sad! The Lord has promised these blessings to us and if we don't seek them out it will be to our own sorrow. As for your presentation in Salt Lake. Would you be willing to give the info out because I'm sure there are others on this blog from Salt Lake who would like to be in attendance.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ezekiel 34, entire chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ultimate authority is God, and His Spirit!. Nephi was commanded to "break protocol" and kill Laban. Why? because he recognized that the ultimate authority is one that comes from God and His Spirit. Thus, until the Prophet and the Prophet only comes out and say "don't read VOG" then I'll rely on the Spirit and what it has told me!
    P.S, If I were a GA I think I would be concerned too, about members teaching this stuff in their Gospel Doctrine classes, because it is true , that some of it, is not "official" doctrine. However, that does NOT mean it is not true!!! It's just many of the members of the Lords church are still sucking on milk and to give them meat would hurt them. Iraq your on the right track! Follow the Spirit and Follow the Prophet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with the last comment! There are angels here on this earth. Checking on us, watching over us, warning us etc. My 4 year old saw an angel in her room a few nights ago. Her experience is sacred to our family, so I won't be sharing details but there is NO doubt in my mind that what she saw and described was VERY real. She was not scared and was very descriptive of the "lady with white hair" I know she she saw an angel in her room in the middle of the night. I held my 4 year old for hours that night. I wanted so bad to feel what she was got to feel and experience. The veil was thin for her that night. I don't know who the angle was? Perhaps my daughters future daughter looking down on her earthy mother? Another girl that wants to come to our family? Perhaps just a guardian angel? I don't think I'll know the answer to that in this life, but what an awesome feeling it is to know my husband and I's efforts to make our home a haven was enough for a spirit to feel welcome in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Description of Millett's 11th Hour- "Just as the scriptures teach us that the Second Coming of the Lord will be "at midnight" (Matthew 25:6), so the signs of the times teach us that "midnight" is close at hand.

    In Living in the Eleventh Hour, author Robert L. Millet points our minds and hearts toward the future—to the glorious day that lies ahead. This encouraging work not only assists us a Latter-day Saints to recognize and better understand the signs of the times but also reminds us of our individual responsibilities as we prepare ourselves and the world for the much-anticipated return of Jesus Christ.

    Filled with uplifting quotations from Church leaders, insightful scriptural texts, and engaging personal experiences, this timely book inspires us to live today as if He were coming tomorrow.

    Brother Millet's faith-building message is clear: Steadfastly doing the small things that allow us to live each day with faith, rather than fear, builds our trust that the Savior's return to earth to rule and reign will be a glorious and welcome event."

    Here's the thing about Dreams & Visions...they are called "Personal Revelation" for a reason. They are NOT for the General Church Body. Yes, if we are living right, we are entitled to these blessings of revelation. If every Tom, Dick and Harry were able to recieve "Visions and Revelation" for the Entire Church, then why do we need a Prophet and Apostles? Let that sink in. The Church would be come a total free-for-all. That is not God's Plan. There must be order, meaning as it says in Amos 3:7 "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." That does not mean YOU and ME are "Prophets" for the entire Church. A person who is claiming visions and writing books, and giving speechs about it for the entire world to hear, but yet, keeps his true identity unknown..."From Such Turn Away". (http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1985/04/from-such-turn-away?lang=eng)

    Man, this is a tough crowd...



    ReplyDelete
  7. Everybody needs to read this, all of it. http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1985/04/from-such-turn-away?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the Meridian Magazine Critique:

    We work in the light...

    Tuesday, 21 January 2014
    One of the principles of the restored gospel is that those who reveal things from God work in the light, not in a hidden manner. This principle has been reiterated by the leaders of the church a number of times. Any prophetic vision has always come from an identified prophet - not an anonymous source. That "Spencer" wants to remain anonymous is, to me, a significant red flag since it contradicts this basic principle of gospel knowledge coming through verifiable, well-lit (so to speak) sources. There are people with significant gifts of spiritual discernment who have concerns about this book. To say that those who have such concerns are not spiritually mature or are not ready for "meat" smacks of a lack of understanding about some very basic principles of the gospel that need to be applied in looking at this book. We're given a number of methods to determine what is true, including the Spirit, prayer, comparison with revealed doctrines, application of gospel principles, our own intellect, witnesses of authorized prophets, etc. When all of those methods come together to confirm something, then we can be sure that there is a high degree of reliability in what we're evaluating. Unfortunately, Visions of Glory falls short using a number of these methodologies. People misinterpret good feelings when reading the book to apply to the book itself, and not specifically to true concepts it may contain. Inconsistencies contained in the book are glossed over as irrelevant. Clear gospel principles pertaining to church government and stewardship are discarded. Anonymous sources are accepted without question as telling the truth. This book should not in any way serve as a part of ones testimony or foundation of faith in Jesus Christ or His Church. It certainly can be read out of interest, but as has been noted, too many Latter-day Saints have a tendency to accept faith promoting writings uncritically as gospel truth. Such sandy foundations are a danger in the last days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Iraq. I run the blog. I am glad there are divergent opinions out there. I have opinions and respect that others do out there, but I am starting to attract too many shills (paid or unpaid) that want to knock down Spencer's work. I will state this from this very blog piece:

    You obviously missed my piece near the beginning of the blog talking of how my wife and I felt years ago (2001), the need to relocate to the Flathead Valley in Montana. As we entered the valley, I turned to my wife as we were driving and said, "If we choose to live in this valley, one day we will have to cross those mountains (pointing to Glacier National Park), and join the body of the Saints in Cardston."
    It was one of those random things that just pops out of my mouth - and ends up coming 100% true. Sols Guardisto described things just as they are today - and said the Spencer stuff would come to pass. A prophet of the final dispensation put his stamp of approval on that experience. The blog is full of experiences that I share to bolster and encourage other people in their spiritual pursuits. One was the dream I had the night our third child died. I boldly and openly declare that there is a need for revelation amongst the Saints - and that where you see a dearth of it, the people have lost their vision and are spiritually anemic. Ripe for destruction or severe correction and culling, by God's standards. This vision of Spencer's dovetails PERFECTLY with what my wife and I have seen in our own quest for our long-term planning and goals. This is why I have embraced it. I care not what spiritual experiences other have had or have not had.

    I will say this and re-iterate my blog mission statement that I do not care to argue over what I write on this blog. I had to de-friend Russ Cutler because he was getting kind of freaky and does not let others have their opinions (I have to wonder how he deals with his wife and kids when their views do not converge). I have my opinions and they stand. I do consider what others think - and then either dismiss it or assimilate it, but this whole VOG thing is getting outta control. Geez, fuggeddaboutitalready...... In a few short years, if wrong, the people who believe it to be correct will have quietly slinked into the shadows or the detractors will be mouldering under piles of rubble and the surviving members of their families crying out for help from those who took it seriously and prepared.

    So, having said that, from here on out, I am publishing my Pro-VOG opinions while those who care to swing the other way can a) go start their own blog - possibly calling is SASS - Saints Against Spencer's Salaciousness b) do nothing and mind their own business going on their own merry way c) contact Russ Cutler of Everett, WA and start a petition to get the bishop to strip me of my recommend. Either way, I am no longer publishing anti-Spencer comments. Let the guy alone already. I see now where the 3 Nephi narrative comes in where people in the Church began to persecute the more humble followers of Christ. Oh, to be so proud and learned to attack those who commune with and speak with the tongue of angels......

    ReplyDelete