THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

YOU SHALL SEE MY FACE AND KNOW THAT I AM

After a busy morning of running errands, my wife and I were enjoying a lazy afternoon in bed with no kids at home and watched this excellent video by my old missionary comp, David Christensen:



I would say our favorite scripture as a couple is D&C 93:1

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/93.1?lang=enghttps://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/93.1?lang=eng

as it captures the complete and total essence of being a couple; the pinnacle of our spiritual journey together, so to speak.  The attainment of that celestial spark while still habiting this telestial sphere.

We are to grow at our own pace, independent of each other so that we can develop our own talents and explore our own uniqueness and, independent of each other, exercise our agency - all the while becoming one in every way possible.  Really, there is nothing more complex, but so beautiful as a couple that gets that balance down perfectly.  There is raw and awesome power in a righteous couple that is anxiously engaged and equally yoked, carrying out the will of our Father in Heaven in raising a righteous posterity and bringing the rest of God's children, our brothers and sisters to a knowledge of His Great Plan of Happiness.

I hope you felt the awe of God's love for you as you enjoyed that video.  My wife and I both count it as one of our favorite works and I call it "the endowment in under three minutes".

My hope is that I will be able to understand the dual nature of verse 1 as it applies to obtaining a remission of my sins through obedience and baptism and then the reception of the First Comforter or the Holy Ghost and then what I believe is the duality of it in obtaining the Second Anointing and Second Comforter - or the personal ministration of our resurrected Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

In all things spiritual, there is duality.  There are washings, and then anointings.  There are baptisms and then confirmations.  There are anointings of the head and then the sealing of that anointing.  There is the endowment and then the sealing of two souls together for time and all eternity.  All things in two parts; one preparatory to the other.  There is always a forerunner to prepare the way.  There are messengers sent to test; and then to deliver the message once the adherent has proven themselves faithful in all things.

God is sure, His ways are Just.  Eternal bliss and incomprehensible love is the reward if we but live for it.  It is when I ponder on these things that I feel to give away ALL my sins to know Christ personally.  One day, I know it CAN happen in this life.  The key is vision, persistence (enduring to the end), striving and yearning and teamwork that the marital relationship can bring if it is done properly.


1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite of all David's videos, and one of my family's favorites. It is a stunningly beautiful depiction of what Denver taught in his "First Three Words" talk & paper that focuses on Joseph Smith's late teachings.(http://www.scribd.com/doc/75128804/1st3Words-1) Well worth the read, if you haven't already. There are teachings of Joseph Smith here rarely seen & considered by Latter-day Saints.

    ReplyDelete